cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale page in browser metronet adsl

alainsixqd

BT Wholesale page in browser metronet adsl

Dear All,
Since 3am, 21st 09 2012, I only obtain a BT Wholesale page in any browser, Metronet doing thier best but BT Useless, say its not thier problem, they have checked thier end and say all is resolved. . BT say never heard of this before,
Google it , its there.
I have tried the dns changes but these apparantly only fix FIBRE not ADSL, turned router off for 6 + hours, no change, changed the router, but can't set up as cannot go to settings in browser
BT User Forum has a BT engineer that has and knows the Fix but BT say they don't know him??  he has even given his name on the site and works as a BT Moderator
any one have a fix for this please
alainisxqd
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BT Wholesale page in browser metronet adsl

I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems with this for a few days now.
I've checked the notes on your account but I can't unfortunately see anything recent or relating to this issue. In my experience manually specifying the DNS servers will resolve this. I am aware that has been a fix that we've given to some fibre customers rather than ADSL like you say but I'd be surprised if that didn't help.
What router or modem do you currently use and do you need some advice on how to manually specify the DNS servers?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Are you getting a 172.n.n.n IP address? You should be able to find out via your router interface. What router is it?
alainsixqd

Hello Adam
It is a Phillips router, tech went through it with me, to change/specify the DNS on both router and pc settings, no difference., they have now tracked it to BT Exchange so am awaiting that solution, which is exactly what the BT chap said on his posting on BT Forum as a known issue.
hope they will sort it out soon, thank you for your suggestions.
Alain
alainsixqd

Hello Jaggies
The IP Address is 62.6.38.125/index.html
it shows this all the time, in all open browsers.
Alain
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Alain,
I'm a bit concerned that noting seems to be noted on your account about this. Could you send me a PM with your username to make sure I'm looking at the right details please?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you connect to your router via wi-fi, check you are connected to Plusnet, and not a local BT / O2 wi-fi !
This happened to me a while back.
Today, my choice of wi-fi is....

(It varies)

(O2 are doing FREE local wi-fi connection, though not near me)
http://o2wifi.co.uk/my
alainsixqd

Dear Pluscom uk
Thanks for the suggestion, its the same on all laptops in house, on wifi, even on my orange mobile to browse when using wi fi not orange network,
can use wifi to connect to neighbour and all ok,
Metronet say BT issue and looking at exchange. ho hum.
at least this forum is good therapy
regards Alain
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi again,
Got your PM thanks, we've done some digging but need to do a little more.
It seems that there has been some issues relating to orders to upgrade your connection to the 21CN network that have caused the problem with the BT landing pages that you've been seeing.
So far as resolving this there's a couple of options. Currently there is an order open to try again (for a third time) to perform the upgrade, that is due to complete in around a week's time on 3/10/12 so we could leave that and see what happens this time. Alternatively we can cancel the order and go down the route of raising a fault to make sure we have your connection fixed on the 20CN network (which is what you are currently using/trying to use). Either option is viable in our eyes, the latter is probably the more sensible and I'm going to do my best to find out what happened to the first two orders in the meantime.
Just a thought re your browsing issues on the phone, my thought is that you've probably used your metronet connection over wireless, encountered the BT landing page then for some reason that has cached a DNS entry which is causing the same problem when connecting via orange.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team