Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale broadband speed test not working

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: BT Wholesale broadband speed test not working

Looks like I've received a reply back as of about half an hour ago from our suppliers advising that they believe it's fixed so I've gone back to them and I'll update you when I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Another useless BTw they never learn do they? Thanks @Gandalf

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

FYI @JonoH has raised this with our incident management team under ref IMT-2676. He apologizes that he didn't do this sooner but he wasn't aware of the problem until now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@chusan,

Thank you for your suggestion, which I have tried just now. The test results are totally unbelievable.  The upload is unbelievably high and the download is unbelievably low.  Like you I am on ADSL2+ and I am long way away from my exchange.

So, with W10 and IE11, I should be able to see some realistic results like some members with fiber are claiming to get.

It makes me wonder if BT have deliberately revamped the tester to suit the fiber customer only!!!!!

I suppose, Plusnet Support Team members can enlighten us all on my suspicions!!! Let us wait and see what the support team come up with.

Regards.

Chandu.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It makes me wonder if BT have deliberately revamped the tester to suit the fiber customer only!!!!!

I suppose, Plusnet Support Team members can enlighten us all on my suspicions!!! Let us wait and see what the support team come up with.

I highly doubt that's the case. In addition, a lot of people who experience problems with the speedtester are on fibre.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Bt speedtester still shows my fibre connection upload to be much higher than it should be and download just a touch lower but other testers show a more accurate result also i did see back through some previous posts that the bt speedtester was supposed to be HTML5 but looking at there source code it's not it's still HTML4 

chandu
Rising Star

@jamesanstee,

Thanks for your information as to your fibre based speed test is still showing much higher upload speeds.

I suppose that confirms what Gandalf has said (above) that is not only the ADSL users but also the fibre users who are affected.

Well, we shall have to wait and see what BTw comes up with.

Regards,

Chandu.

conrad
Hooked

The latest update from the BT forum moderators is this today

"BT Wholesale has confirmed that they will be working on a fix for the issues you have highlighted.  At this moment in time I do not have any timescale to share as to when this issue will be fixed nor can we supply any details as to the progress of the work Wholesale will be carrying out."

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the update. I think I’ve found that thread, it looks like BT Retail are raising this with Wholesale too.

I’ve not received a reply back from the email I sent on the 12th to Wholesale, but I’ll see if there’s any progress on the internal IMT problem we’ve raised. Will reply back soon.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chandu
Rising Star

Hi all & @Gandalf,

Hurray, at last the BTwholesale speed test has started to work for me on W10 Home and IE11, as it used to, as from today.

Though it is debatable if the download and upload speeds are as good as they should be.

At least, I do not have to wait for more than 5 minutes to check the speeds.

I thought I let you all know.

Regards,

Chandu.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the update, that's good to hear.

I did receive an update yesterday from our suppliers advising that they're still actively working on the problem.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Speed tester still not accurate bt wholesale tester for my 80/20 fibre connection the download speed is way off see attached imgages for results 

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Just tried it (ADSL2+, Win7/Chrome)

Much quicker, and both DL and UL speeds 'believable' and probably correct in both tests. Smiley

Assuming that wasn't just a lucky blip, and without wishing to be greedy, it would remove an ongoing irritation if BTw can now stop the maximum achievable UL speed on TAP1 test always being less than the actual UL speed. 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Still totally borked - reported a d/l speed of 2.79 and u/l of 0.00 for me. My tests using 3rd. party sites show around 7.6/7.8 d/l and .65/.7 u/l correctly.

Also continues to run d/l test on u/l and can't do further diagnostics.Ticked_off

John
conrad
Hooked

I don't think anything has been fixed as all they appear to have done is reinstate the old test since it now needs flash to run it. As such people will still suffer the vagaries of what browser is used etc etc.