cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale IP Profile vs Plusnet IP Profile

clayrobots

BT Wholesale IP Profile vs Plusnet IP Profile

Afternoon All,
So I've had a very troublesome installation of Fibre over the last two months, and due to the continuous up and down of it BT must have banded my Fibre and regulated the speed down to 37.8mb.
I'm happy to say that everything is now working fine due to a kind BT Openreach engineer taking it upon himself to spend hours on Monday to fix it. Eventually resolution was he installed a whole new line on the outside of the apartment building I live in.
Running BT Wholesale speediest and moving along to Further Diagnostics states that my line is cable of 68mb, a little lower than what it was initially syncing at with the old line. But I'm happy with that.
Plusnet have stated that the speed would correct itself within 48 hours, but I'm still sitting at 37.8. Whats do you guys thing is the best action to take to have this corrected? As every time I call I'm just told to wait, and I'm still waiting.
Thanks for the help!
6 REPLIES 6
AndyH
Grafter

Re: BT Wholesale IP Profile vs Plusnet IP Profile

One of the Digital Care team should be able to manually update your profile (just give them a sec to see this thread).
clayrobots

Quote from: AndyH
One of the Digital Care team should be able to manually update your profile (just give them a sec to see this thread).

Thank you for the info AndyH, hopefully they will be able to provide some assistance!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm taking a look now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
clayrobots

Quote from: Chris
I'm taking a look now.

Oh, that was quick. Thanks Chris!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

From what I can tell you're syncing up at around 70Mb now, so the profile is at 69.8Mb. I've changed our side to match.
If you don't see any improvement in around 10 minutes, log in to the router and disconnect/reconnect.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
clayrobots

Quote from: Chris
From what I can tell you're syncing up at around 70Mb now, so the profile is at 69.8Mb. I've changed our side to match.
If you don't see any improvement in around 10 minutes, log in to the router and disconnect/reconnect.

Great news, thank you for that Chris! Have a good day dude!