Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test FTTC

petecov44
Grafter

Re: BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test FTTC

@GF
It will be lower speed - Not sure..
At the old place the estimate was 50mbps and you know what I got before and after DLM ruined it.
Here - not so sure although I am told all my line is copper (the last one was 100M Aluminium) so we will see.
Estimate here is 48-50 but as we know they are always conservative to under promise and over deliver which is never a bad thing
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@ pete, funny I got email from BT and say good news my exchange is now ready for Fibre at Cuckoo Oak and BT say I can get 300Mbps down and 30Mbps up and say I can order now via BT site. lol, I already on Fibre for 4 months ongoing and the honest is that my telephone number say only get estimated of 77/19, so BT's 300/30 is misleading. Wink
petecov44
Grafter

No it's not.. they are saying you can get FTTP - not the On Demand [Censored] that I could get at my old exchange but no one actually wanted to sell me but possibly retail  330/30 FTTP. ]
It's cheaper to get 2 or 3 FTTC lines and bond them - really it is.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I don't think so, I know that my exchange doesn't support FTTPoD yet. It's only live as of FTTC. See below:
petecov44
Grafter

Can take 48 hours for that to update so you never know.
Even if you do get it. Try buying it. I tried BT res and business. No one wanted to know.
Their loss. I still have my digital cities voucher too
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks guys.
As soon as I get screenshots, I'll forward them on.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

As I can understand FTTPoD is too expensive at present, if it was available to me. I don't think BT won't let me to quotes how much install, monthly payments etc before agreed to 36 months contract on FTTPoD. I quite happy overall with FTTC for now. Don't need faster speed at present.  Cheesy
xreyuk
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Ideally, if you're able to do it from home, that'll be best as I believe the test also reports on the IP address that you were assigned at the time too.
There's no immediate rush if you can't do it until tonight for example.

No problem, I'll do it when I get home later.
Just as a side issue for them, I keep seeing HTTP500 errors when trying to send the results (have to close tab and open it again before it'll work) but that has happened on Safari, Chrome and IE, spread over 2 laptops. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 goes before it'll actually send the results successfully.
petecov44
Grafter

@GF
I've just had an e-mail from BTO saying their system is sending out random and mis informed e-mails. So I would ignore that one totally.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I think that's related to a separate issue I'm looking at with them. There a 'SAM MSE' issue. They've got FTTP/FTTC and ADSL1 and ADSL2+ all using the same SAM MSE and it times out when too many connections are made simultaneously. There's a big project to get this fixed so I'm keeping tabs on the progress of this.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@ pete - yes I have that email from BT to say it was error email sent me yesterday. Maybe I can sued BT haha only joke!
xreyuk
Grafter

Well Chris, it's either sod's law or they've done something, I can now retrieve my profile information.
Thanks for chasing it up Cheesy
*EDIT*
It would appear I spoke too soon. I was able to retrieve it once, but have not been able to get the information since.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Can you please provide a screenshot?
I think it's not related to one of the problems I'm chasing where the Speedtester doesn't work at all after 14 days, more that it intermittently works (on a rare occasion). The more information I can get, the better! Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just been asked by the team if you wouldn't mind testing the BT Speedtester again please?
xreyuk
Grafter

Yeah it's been working today Smiley
Out of interest, how long does it take BT to update your IP Profile after a sync?
Router resented this morning at 3.5Mbps higher, but IP Profile hasn't changed according to their tester.
dick:quote