BT Test... slightly odd result?

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

BT Test... slightly odd result?

FAQ
Results Image not loaded
Test1 comprises of two tests
1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download Speed
5553 Kbps

0 Kbps 7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5553 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :6144 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 443 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 5500 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 18.64:21.87:59.5 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
Upload Speed
361 Kbps

0 Kbps 443 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 361 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 443 Kbps

The download speed is marginally on excess of the IP Profile. Is that a test glitch, perhaps, or of some thing more interesting (chinese curse style ; :-\).
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: BT Test... slightly odd result?

Not sure if it's anything to worry about, but do you use kaspersky at all? That's been known to change BT speed test results.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

My experience is that Kaspersky has never significantly affected the BT speedtest unlike the Plusnet one
Regarding the download speed being higher than the IP profile I have seen that occasionally but you need to remember that any aspeed tester is only accurate within a margin and I suspect that includes being over the IP profile.
Occasionally I have seen it when the Plusnet and BT profiles don't match (the Plusnet one being higher) so only the BT profile is restricting things
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Fully agree with Jim regarding Kaspersky and speed testing.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

No Avast 5 Free and the Windows firewall. Something else I noticed later is that the 6144 kbps connection rate should not support a 5500 kbps profile. A later test's throughput was in order for the stated profile.
I have had other things occur in the last 24 hours (subject of a new thread to be posted) and am thinking vould there be a tie up.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.