cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Punishing Plusnet Customers & staff

puddy
Grafter

BT Punishing Plusnet Customers & staff

And  finally we now know BT's in trouble  30,000 staff to lose their jobs (2008-2009) its looks like they are not only screwing staff but customers too.
Do BT not understand making a loss then tying in BT customers in for 18 months will stop most people signing up?  If BT loses more customers they will make less money and why should BT/Plusnet punish the customer  by higher charges and unreasonable lock in periods
Why do Plusnet compete against BT its doesn’t make sense to pit both companies against each other?  If I was CEO I would merge plusnet in to BT, it would cut back office staff why have 2 companies making a loss?
Are Plusnet in trouble could BT bring it back in-house due to BT making a loss?
Puddy
18 REPLIES 18
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: BT Punishing Plusnet Customers & staff

Actually broadband is one of the least loss makers!
BT are cutting their dividend too Cry

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Lurker
Grafter

@puddy
What makes you think that Plusnet makes a loss?
Tyreal74
Grafter

As far as i was aware plusnet although owned by BT do business as a separate entity
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To add some facts
artmo
Aspiring Champion

BT announced that their losses were due to contracts not coming on stream as quickly as planned and new contracts being hard to get.
The thing that worries me is if BT decide to sell Plusnet.  Who knows where we could all end up Sad
James
Grafter

I don't think that's anything you need to worry about Smiley
It would make no commercial sense for BT to sell us, especially given that we continue to grow (as you can tell by the continued addition of central capacity).
Tyreal74
Grafter

If bt sold plusnet i would no longer be with them, however as James said its unlikely to do so
i wasnt too pleased bt bought them in the first instance tbh as i left bt to join plusnet lol!
KevinR

It does take a particular kind of management to p waste £2,000,000,000 thats TWO BILLION and then blame it on a bit of contract and sales delay.
If you were a carmaker that's something like 100,000 cars built and unsold (in a single year!).  They actually burnt all the profits made by the rest of the business.  After all if it was long term assets they'd still be carried in the accounts as value SO its not money spent on say owned fibre, or satellites.  At best its like hiring a load of capacity wholesale and then forgetting - or being unable - to let it back out.
No wonder they needed to get the retail customer lock-in (12-18 months) and BTW interconnect contracts (3 months IPSC and 12 months WBC) onto the balance sheet.  Imagine if all that "income due within N months" had not appeared - presumably the picture would have been even worse.
One does worry that this is the environment El Head Honcho comes from.  Certainly explains the madly long contact terms and poor-relation status of the existing customer base. 
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: KevinR

One does worry that this is the environment El Head Honcho comes from.  Certainly explains the madly long contact terms and poor-relation status of the existing customer base. 

I suggest that may be EL HEAD Honcho of plusnet came from  from a certain Supermarket ( ask the new boss a question)before joining plusnet, I was given a warning and my post was deleted.
  In addition I was told not to discuss the warning I was given on this forum.  If I carried on I would be banned from the forum and internet contract terminated
I was a supermarket employee for over 20 years
puddy
James
Grafter

That's not true Puddy.
No member of staff has ever made any reference to your Internet connection.
I can't recall the conversation you had with our moderators, but we certainly wouldn't do anyting to your Internet connection for expressing an opinion.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
That's not true Puddy.

If you don’t think  what saying is true why were all 3 posting deleted?
I was very upset after getting the warning.  I did ask at the time what’s plusnet got against supermarket staff
My partner pays for plusnet and I have been a customer (id mjr99) since the very first day Plusnet went live.  Being disabled and house bound the thought of being unable to use the internet worried me a lot it’s my only access to the outside world!!!
Being told not to discuss the matter on the forum or posting would be deleted and contract would be terminated with plusnet was heavy handed
Puddy
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

/Mod hat on
Is there any point to this thread?
All I can see now is one person having a chip on their shoulder after recieving some words of advice from one of my team.
I'll say this to you in public Puddy, as it would be no different to what I would have to say via PM, and may God strike me down with lightning.
Puddy, you're entitled to your opinion, same as the next person, but it seems that you write posts or "rants" as a knee-jerk reaction to what someone else has said, because you don't necessarily subscribe to their point of view - I think it's better to agree to disagree and move on
Now, what I'm suggesting here might be controversial to you, but how about actually thinking about what you want to write before you write it?
And I promise that nobody will ever mention supermarket workers ever again.....
Oh, and before I go, as forum moderators, we have no access to any of your account details, nor can we insitigate any kind of activity on your account if we don't agree with what you say.
Now please, let this lie before I have to lock the thread.

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Mods,
I don't know what the relevance of the tangent regarding Supermarket workers may be but would like clarification of what part of this thread is being censored.
Is discussion in the vein of KevinR's post permitted?
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

By all means Wheel_Nut.. carry on.
Nothing has been censored in this thread, however, there were some off-topic posts removed from the "ask the boss" thread
I'm not too sure where the supermarket bit came into it myself either, I think it stems from a long-standing thread elsewhere...

EDIT: Edited to make more factually correct.