Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Paperless billing

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

BT Paperless billing

Hi,
BT are offering paperless billing for telephone accounts but in looking at their terms and conditions it says...' your IPS provider may charge for this service'  Are they just talking about the standard charge we pay for broadband or are they talking about some additional charge over and above this ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
16 REPLIES 16
James
Grafter

Re: BT Paperless billing

I think they may be referring to additional charges for usage.
Although not that it would come to much!
nadger
Rising Star

I had paperless billing for several years with BT ( Before moving line to PN) and was never charged anything over and above my call charges.
notheruser
Grafter

I'm all on for saving trees, but the notion that I would be depending on getting an eMail notification that my bill was due really doesn't lie well with me!Nor does the idea of letting BT loose with a Direct Debit mandate, so for now, I'm sticking to paper bills. If BT were to offer a postcard notification system (i.e. single small card, posted to me to say "your bill is now available to view online."), I might consider not having the full postal bill, with the envelope stuffed with ads for other BT "services". That should lower BT's postage costs, reduce waste paper, and still give me the assurance of knowing that I would get written notification that my bill was due.
nadger
Rising Star

I never had a single problem viewing online billing and one does know the day, each quarter, that one's bill is due.
Before switching to PN I paid by quarterly DD taken 14 days after billing date so still got all the savings benefits.
Still works our cheaper being billed by PN  Smiley
notheruser
Grafter

Quote from: nadger
I never had a single problem viewing online billing and one does know the day, each quarter, that one's bill is due.
Yes, but this one does have a head like a sieve, and wouldn't remember - at least not till the next visit to a hole-in-the-wall only to discover the lower than expected balance!
gswindale
Grafter

Although I don't check it entirely thoroughly, I get a monthly notification and all the DD payments taken seem to be about right (approx £12/month).  I've yet to actually find anybody who can undercut BT on price for our usage!
FWIW, BT are much better with their e-mail notifications than some other companies are with their weekly SMS balance notifications.
nadger
Rising Star

The price change that applies, from 1st April, to evening calls is what motivated me to move line rental to PlusNet.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

The same price changes have motivated me to switch to BT Option 3 (all inclusive - ish) and paperless billing as of about now.  Wink
For various technical/service reasons (of my own choice) I can't currently use non-BT suppliers and looking at my call costs the difference would be so small as to make the change a pointless waste of time & effort.
hulls
Grafter

Hi
We've been on paperless billing for ages.  We also pay by DD monthly, and we haven't had any problems so far (except that BT now owes us money, which I had to phone up and ask for).
The other advantage of checking the bill on line, is that I can drill down into the data and find out which of the kids has been running the bill up by phoning their mates' mobiles  Angry
John
nadger
Rising Star

One thing I've found since switching line to PlusNet is that, in evening, it's cheaper to ring my daughter's mobile using PlusNet than Virgin to Virgin.
Not something one really wants to do but sometimes neccesary.
Itemised call details also works well  Smiley
Laroc
Grafter

I would like to change from BT to PN but its essential I retain my Call Display.
However, this then makes PN more expensive than BT for Option2 with a 12 month contract. (which gives free eve & weekend calls)
Loombucket
Grafter

Quote from: nadger
One thing I've found since switching line to PlusNet is that, in evening, it's cheaper to ring my daughter's mobile using PlusNet than Virgin to Virgin.

I'll remember that when I next try phoning your daughter.  Wink
(this comment posted whilst running like hell from a maddened Nadger) 
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: Laroc
I would like to change from BT to PN but its essential I retain my Call Display.
However, this then makes PN more expensive than BT for Option2 with a 12 month contract. (which gives free eve & weekend calls)

That settles it if PN are charging for Call Display as we currently get this for free with BT as part of their BT Privacy scheme.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

And don`t forget that PN also charge for 1571  and a lot of other "extras" that you get with BT option 2....
PN staff say they cannot give me a direct comparison of costs , even if I supply my bill..... If they can`t do that .... how am I supposed to know if I am getting a good deal from them on the phone side?  Until they can do a direct cost for cost comparison..... (as you can with say petrol stations) then I`m staying with BT. where I know what I am paying for.... My bill isn`t huge.... about £30 per month, 50% of that must be taken up with line rental, service charges, and vat, my evening calls are free, so what is the problem that PN can`t do a direct comparison for me?
makes you wonder...... slightly ? ? ?