cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Madasafish and BT Openreach

dlake02

BT Madasafish and BT Openreach

12 days ago, my phone line which is supplied by BT Madasafish but provided by BT Openreach failed.
I had an extremely tough job convincing the BT Madasafish team that the line was supplied by them, not BT Retail, but, eventually, they took the fault and escalated to their co-workers in BT Openrach.
7 days later, and I'm still without a working phone line (and hence no broadband).
Despite the fact that Madasafish/Plus.net/BT Openreach/BT Retail are one-and-the-same company, all being owned by BT plc, there appears to be little in the way of communication between the various arms of BT that would help cusotmers, and help resolve issues.
Who do I contact to take ownership of fixing this line and communicating with me ?
5 REPLIES 5
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: BT Madasafish and BT Openreach

Hi dlake02, welcome to the forums and I'm sorry about the initial confusion but this only delayed your fault by an hour or so. We reported the fault to BT the day after it was reported to us and we're waiting for the Openreach engineers to complete their repair work. They initially provided an estimated response time of the end of the day yesterday then updated this to the end of the day today.
At this stage of the fault we can't request any form of escalation from Openreach as the fault is progressing as per expectations. The ticket is in hand with the Faults Team who will update you as soon as we hear back from BT. As per your conversation with one of my colleagues just before you made this post, we can't add an international number to your contact details and so we've been texting your mobile as is normal for these sort of faults.
Hopefully we'll have some movement soon - if not, we'll let you know the latest from BT as soon as it comes through.
dlake02

No - it delayed it by 24 hours.
30+ hours to respond to my web messages.
No update from BT Openreach (same parent company as BT Plus.net).
3 missed ETRs.
Now (16.00 on 8/7/2011) I have NO repair time for a simple phone line fault (no dial-tone).
You call this award winning service ?  Your standards are obviously much lower than mine.
dlake02

Actually, it's 4 missed ETRs.
Angry
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I know this doesn't help you at all, but your references to Madasafish and Openreach having a common parent are irrelevant - Openreach is not allowed to treat Madasafish any differently from any other ISP, the two businesses are totally separate.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry that your experience during this fault hasn't been great but I think it's only fair to clarify a few details.
I stated I'm sorry about the initial confusion but this only delayed your fault by an hour or so. Your ticket was raised 29/06/11 16:26, an incorrect response was sent 29/06/11 16:58, you replied 29/06/11 17:19 and the ticket was sent through to the correct department at 29/06/11 17:27, one hour, one minute after you first raised the question.
At this point the ticket was with the faults team, awaiting testing. A 24 hour wait at this point is normal and within our targets.
By 30/06/11 16:02 (within 24 hours of the ticket initially being raised) the fault was raised to BT Openreach. Their initial ERT was 05/07/11 17:00:00 and adjusted to 08/07/11 17:00:00. The clear code was received 09/07/11 12:35:29. The engineer's notes aren't clear as to what work was performed but it's clear that more than one engineer was needed to locate and resolve the source of the fault. You may be mistaking when a ticket is put on hold on our side to an ERT - this is not the case, it's just us waiting for BT to perform further work.
Once a ticket enters a faults pool we allow them to run behind, simply because we need to allow time for BT to work on the faults. As such, updates from support staff will be entered onto your ticket in relation to the time it was last updated, normally every 24 - 48 hours.
I think it's also worth noting that the pages you click on in the Member Centre before raising a ticket affect where the ticket is sent to. It looks like you didn't check any of the support pages and went directly to raise a ticket whereas if you click on the options for phone faults, the ticket is sent directly to the faults team, bypassing technical support.
We are only able to use BT Openreach to resolve faults as they are the only ones who are contracted to perform repair work. If we employed engineers of our own then they wouldn't be allowed to touch the lines in any way.
KevinG - thanks for clarifying the differences between Openreach and Madasafish.