Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT IP profile stuck at 2Mbps

Swipe
Grafter
Fixes: 2

BT IP profile stuck at 2Mbps

Hello,
Please could someone get BT Wholesale to reset my IP profile? It's been stuck at 2 Mbps for over 3 weeks now. I've tried rebooting and waiting 3-5 days a couple of times but no joy. It has been fine prior to that (about 7Mbps) for around 2 years. I'm syncing at the max speed 8128 and my SNR is around 7.5db and my Plusnet profile is reading 7.15Mbps. It just needs resetting on the BT end. Stats and speed test attached.
It's driving me mad at the moment as I can't stream HD content any more
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: BT IP profile stuck at 2Mbps

Quicker to phone or raise a ticket for that, as its pretty much a book a change with BT which any CSA can handle
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Swipe,
I have placed a SNR reset that will adjust your IP profile to match your sync speeds. This normally takes around 4 hours but can sometimes take up-to 24 hours.
Let me know how it goes.
Chris
Swipe
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thanks for trying the SNR reset but it has been over 24 hours now and unfortunately my BT IP Profile is still stuck at 2Mbps. What would be the next step now?
Thanks
Swipe
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Plusnet need to get on to BT and get them to clear a "stuck bRAS profile" (IP profile). Reseting the target SNRM doesn't always cause the bRAS to change.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I have raised this to our suppliers, I am awaiting a response as your profile does appear to be stuck at 2MB/s.
I will have a response from them in the next 24 hours and update you. It should hopefully be resolved by this point.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Swipe,
It appears that your profile has now been adjusted. I'd suggest logging into your router clicking disconnect, then power down for a few minutes and power back on. You will then need to login to your router and click connect.
Then test your speeds again.
Let me know how you go.
Chris
Swipe
Grafter

Brilliant Chris. Just done a speed test and it's back at full speed. Thanks very much for your help. Thumbs up for Plusnet!