cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Homehub2 use on Plusnet?

mon2s

BT Homehub2 use on Plusnet?

Hi all,
I've signed up to move over from BT today and just wondered if it is possible to continue to use the Homehub 2 on Plusnet or do I need to use the Plusnet router?  I don't use VOIP just standrad internet and WiFi.
Thanks for your help.
SIMON
7 REPLIES 7
mikeyriot
Grafter

Re: BT Homehub2 use on Plusnet?

Welcome Simon!
As long as you know how to set it up AFAIK there should'nt be a problem, its just a case of putting in your new logon details into the homehub and hitting connect.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI mon2s,
Have a look here. It seems that there's conflicting reports about whether they're locked or not. I'm sure some clever soul will know of a way to unlock it if it is.
Jojo Smiley
mon2s

Thanks for the replies. 
I'll certainly give it a go with the info on your useful link once I go live which won't be till the 27th.
I'll report back if it is successful.  Smiley
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We considered using the Home Hub v2 a while back and had the @plusdsl.net written into the firmware so this should be accepted without needing to flash it. This may be only from a certain firmware revision, I'm not sure.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I (used to) use a HH v2.0b on PN but it has a firmware bug where it sometimes reboots itself when you look at the line stats. If you can avoid that it should work fine.
Robot

For anyone who is interested, in August 2010 I was given a redundant BT Home Hub 1.5 (software 6.2.6.H) and it accepted the Plusnet settings straight away with no problem, and has worked happily ever since.
kankali
Grafter

Hi Simon,
I have been using the BT HH 2A for 2 years on Plusnet without issue. Just enter your plusnet username and password and it should work fine.
If you have any issues just let me know.
Regards, David