cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Homehub 5 on Plusnet

mrfawlty
Dabbler

Re: BT Homehub 5 on Plusnet

OK, thanks, I will give it a few more days then. Patience young padawan!
caleelou

Quote from: beardyboylondon
@Jaggies, tip for you, turn off smart set up, drove me crazy until I worked it out
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/c/
Just a query- why turn the smart set off- Ive just fitted my hh5 and am very pleased with it; have I missed something or is there something waiting for me. By the way I bought it at Amazon for £67
kamalaggi
Dabbler

Have you gone into settings and enter your username and password??? That's what I had to do.
username is yourusername@plusdsl.net and password is whatever you use to login to the plusnet website.
ScottJames
Grafter

I have just swapped my plusnet router and OpenReach modem for a Home Hub 5 and had it setup in a matter of minutes. So it does work!
kamalaggi out of interest did you pretty much hit your estimated line speed when you first signed up for Fibre? My estimated is 79-80, but I am only getting 37 on my Current Line speed!
kamalaggi
Dabbler

I was getting more than estimated. I was estimated 55 but was getting 70.  Plusnet might have capped your speed to 40mb. You might need to call them or raise a ticket to get your line uncapped
dick:quote
goatty2
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

just received hh 5 and was connected with in couple of minutes and no problems so far.
said download  34 upload 4
not tried any speed tests yet
like the look of it