cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub) on PlusNet

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: BT Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub) on PlusNet

Yes. I have experience of three now and they all updated when I first connected them to Plusnet (they were new units). Since then they then have all updated periodically.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

keeling54

I've just managed to get an HH6 set up on my plusnet ADSL line but it's started to throttle my broadband speed. WiFi reception through the house is much better but my download speed has dropped from 18mbps to 8mbps, upload has remained the same. 

When the HH6 first connected it was at 18Mbps, 20 mins or so later it disconnected and then re connected again, this time the download speed was 8Mbps.

I also noticed that the downstream sync speed when first connected was 21Mbps, following the restart it has dropped to 11.7Mbps.

Any idea why it would do this. 

keeling54

Just a quick update to my post above. 

I restarted my HH6 and at the moment it's back to it's original DL speed. Will monitor for the next couple of days and report if it changes. 

Spacesquirrel

Can you use the new bt smart hub 2 on plusnet
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post, @Spacesquirrel.

Providing you're able to access the configuration menu there should be no issue at all.

Please let us know how you get on.

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Yes BT Smart Hub 2 works fine with plusnet, the only thing you can not do with it is split the 2.5GHz and 5GHz if thats a necessity stick with Smart Hub 6
mikemarkey

Hi, when I put in username@plusdsl.com it flashes this must be saved. I cannot see a save button?

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro

Go up to the top right of the page and select connect.

see post 41  on link below, however do not plug in the dsl cable until you have entered your plusnet username.

*&^%$£*()&%^ and similar characters will not be accepted by the BT Home Hub in your password, so change prior to connecting.

https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/BT-Home-Hub-6-Smart-Hub-on-PlusNet/m-p/1415464#M312705

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro

Further to my Post above

You should be entering (Yourusername@plusdsl.net) and your plusnet password.

Not (yourusername@plusdsl.com) as you stated.

mikemarkey

sorry for misleading you but what I meant to say is that I had put ".net" and my password

however at that point it states changes must be saved and there is no option to save that I can see?Huh

mikemarkey

All sorted now thanks. Your comment about the timing of the connection of DSL cable seems to have been my issue. I tried with that out and it connected.

Mrg1981
Grafter

Hi,

I've just set up my HH6 (which I got for a whopping 99p including microfilters and leads).

When I first got it I did a reset but it didn't seem to work so ended up doing it through the GUI.

And I have the "BT wifi active" status.

2 questions

1- it's only been on an hour or so, should I leave it and see if it turns off?

2- How long did you hold that reset for to get it to work?

Quite frankly I'm just amazed anything for 99p from Cash Generator actually works!

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro

see post 41 here

https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/BT-Home-Hub-6-Smart-Hub-on-PlusNet/m-p/1415464#M312705

Resetting with a pin about 25/30 sec. Until the Green light appears

Connect the DSL cable to the BT master socket via the filter. Only  after entering your plusnetusername@plusdsl.net and password.

I use a BT Smart Hub 2 and My BT wi-fi status always shows activated. I think you have to have a BT account to deactivate it on Smart Hub2 . I don't recall it being activated when I used the HH6 though.

Baldrick1 also has settings here

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/td-p/1587673

Mrg1981
Grafter

@LifeonMars Cheers for that. 

I had done that when I first turned it on, and I set it up "offline" before swapping the hub1 out for the HH6. But something must not have reset proper. 

Any way did a backup, unplugged DSL, did reset (long 30 seconds and held it until the green light) then restore and checked the BT-wifi status before plugging it back into the DSL.

1 happy chappie

Erict

I am just about to embark on the process of replacing my Plusnet router with a BT Smart hub 6. I've read through this forum and it seems that before I start anything I need to change my Plusnet password to something which doesn't include special characters, as the BT router will not accept them. So I logged into my Plusnet account to do this and found that Plusnet INSIST on special characters in their password. I feel like I've failed at the first step before I've even taken my BT router out of its box. Have I misunderstood something? Please help!