cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub) on PlusNet

UKAlfie

Re: BT Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub) on PlusNet

Finally got the router working. Turns out I was using an incorrect password. LOL. Thanks for all your help.

fletpablo
Grafter

Hi life on mars 

Txs for your help i have BT Hub working now the problem was the password for plusnet which was addressed

after a phone call to plusnet  

fletpablo
Grafter

LifeonMars

Again txs for your help your what forums are all about  great post 

villager999

Hi

This is a question addressed to all of you good people who are using a Hub 6 with an ADSL connection.

I am currently using a Home Hub 5 type B on Plusnet. Before setting this up I did a hard reset and then applied all the Plusnet settings (user name etc). Everything is fine and BT WiFi has remained firmly OFF.

I have the chance to purchase a Hub 6 and have read conflicting comments on Google Searches that even though a hard reset was performed on the Hub 6 and the Hub set up for Plusnet use, after a short period of use BT WiFI became active again and could not be disabled. It constantly came back.

Does anyone on this board KNOW FOR SURE that a hard reset does permanently disable BT WiFi?

Also has anyone received firmware updates to the Hub 6 whilst using it on Plusnet and did this bring back BT WiFi?

Any info on this would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Yes It will work With Plusnet. Hard reset disables Bt Fon and updates will be received.
villager999

Thank you LifeonMars. Will now splash some cash on a HH6

Adl3r

Thanks Op & posters for this informative thread.
My fibre goes live in two days, I have bought a hh6 & i'm wondering if I should use the hh6 from the off or use the pn router supplied for the training period.
Thanks..
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Adl3r

My advice for what it is worth would be to setup the Plusnet Hub One (as you've got one) and use that for a month or so. Get it up and running before messing about with our own device.

Why?

Because if you have any issues in the first month then Plusnet will expect you to test with the Hub One anyway so you may as well prove the FTTC works on it first.

BUT if you are on 40/2 Fibre then go with the HH6 as they is a really bad issue with the Plusnet Hub One at the lower speed where any backups/sync to cloud software will crash the router.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Adl3r

Thanks for the prompt reply spendlesstime.
I will be on the 40/2 package, I have been trying to glean as much info from the forum, but I have never seen anything about probs with the hub1 on the 40/2. I wanted to use the hh6 for the better wifi but I thought it might be best to use hub1 for initial period.
Thanks again for your help. Cheers.
SpendLessTime
Hero

@Adl3r

There is a 25 page thread about it here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-fibre-broadband-does-not-cope-with-uploads-and... so please don't use the Hub One as it is a specific issue with 40/2 and the Hub One and ANY cloud services.

So go with the HH6 

Adl3r

Thanks, will read up on that. I don't use any type of cloud storage, I still like to back up on thumb drive & dvd, ha.
I will use the hh6 & if I have any serious issues I will swap to hub1.
Great info, Thanks.
SpendLessTime
Hero

You're welcome.

I would have just hated for your line to play yo-yo on installation if the issue had been the Hub One and the cloud syncing/backup services. Even a phone backing up pictures to Google Drive/icloud can trigger the crash. Not worth risking currently.

fletpablo
Grafter

hi life on mars 

I have had the BT Router hub 6 working , but recently  have low speeds on my Fibre plusnet replied possible problems your end reset hub 6 and still erratic low speeds my Fibre changed back to plus net router hub 1  and speeds are stable any ideas have had firmware update onBT hub 6 march 2017 dont know how to force a new firmware update 

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

The latest Firmware version for the BT Smart Hub (6) is I think  SG4B10002244 that is what is showing on mine.

It updates itself well it did last time.

fletpablo
Grafter

I have firmware March 2017 ,but because I suspect it's gone corrupt as when i use Plus net 1 Router the speed is stable on my fibre as soon as I change to BT Hub 6 The speed changes quite a lot so I want Re Install manually and can't seem able force update any ideas?Huh