cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT DLM Testing - List of accepted customers and profiles

mvdb
Grafter

Re: BT DLM Testing - List of accepted customers and profiles

@Dave - On 1/2 you said that the request for the upload SNR at 6db had gone in. However, I just checked now (remotely from hotel on Goa Beach - my wife switched on the pc and i am remotely connecting) It appears still at 12db
Can you put a request again in on Monday.
I just did a speed test,download is all still very fine and very happy. Can see 2 disconnects over the last 5 days, but tried to read up here on the forum and saw there where one or two maintenance windows as well.
Greetings from +32 degrees.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Greetings from +32 degrees

I hope that terrible heat isn't troubling you too much Cheesy
My BT profile has FINALLY switched to 6500 to match my current sync of 7524.  D/S noise pretty stable at 8.1 right now so possibly more in the old line yet.
Just waiting for the PN profile to catch up.
Had many disconnects on Friday when part on the PN network suffered an outage: http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial (60523) as I seemed to connect back to the faulty gateway on every attempt to restart PPP, restart ADSL, reboot router, switch router off, unfortunate that I was trying to work from home that day.  Other than that my connection has been stable as a rock so I might reboot while I have a good margin to see if I can push the line further still. (Not ready to try 3dB yet).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Toenex
Grafter

Hi Dave,
Things looked to be pretty stabel on the trial although I had a random resync last night.  Current status looks like:
DownstreamUpstream
Noise Margin:6.9  dB6.7  dB
Connection Rate:15320 Kbps855  Kbps
Line Attenuation: 27.5  dB 13.3  dB

Any ideas why upstream rate isn't clocking more than this?  Since being on ADSL2+ I've seen this over 1.4Mbps, although not for a few months.
Cheers,
-t
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Looks like this is happening all round.
Just rebooted again this morning and am still getting
Downstream    Upstream
9537 kbps    888 kbps
32.5 db        14.4 db
3.4 db          13.5 db
Similarly to Toenex, my upstream speed used to be 1100+ at a 6dB noise margin. Upstream noise margin increased last week after I had interleaving switched back on, resulting in current speed. With this trial, it's supposed to be set at 6dB, which it always was anyway.

Waaah! Just seen my profile is down to 6500  Sad
That would be down to all the disconnections on Friday and me messing around rebooting, reconnecting etc I think
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
ajbrown1965
Grafter

Dave - just a quick update. My fault is currently being checked by your Support team, they seem to know what the problem is. By carefully monitoring the use of the phone, particularly when the 'intereference' has reduced the SNR from 6 t0 about 3, I have managed to keep a pretty good data rate, even thought the router still loses sync. At present (Sunday p.m.) the data rate is 7606 and has been for 5 hours. As a result the IP profile has gone up to 5000. and has been there for 24 hours. I'm hoping that it will go higher, but am pretty certain the data rate will drop below 6000 this evening, thus wiping out any rise in the BT profile.
At the moment I don't want to play around with the settings in case it slows things down again, unless you advicse otherwise.
grahamt
Rising Star

All quiet around here. I've had over 3 days continuous uptime since the last resync. My SNR drops to zero in the evening, but my router seems capable of maintaining sync at that level.
The last resyncs were on Thursday (4th) am, when the line closed and opened 8 times between 06:32:37 and 06:34:50 (router time - should be about right) but then came back up at the same speed as before. Not sure what was going on at that time.
I'm currently syncing at 8726 down and  816 up. SNR is at the moment 3 down and 5 up. Profile should be Interleaving off, SNR 6 down and 6 up, no banding.
One thing I sort of knew but have now confirmed: my attenuation rate is consistently reported as 38 when the line is banded and 37 when it isn't. Not a significant difference, of course, but I just thought I'd add it to the knowledgebase.
Now I'm waiting for my IP profile to rise from its current 6500 to 7000. No need to do anything - it will happen eventually and the Plusnet and BT profiles were the same last time I looked.
Graham
whisky
Grafter

Quote from: dave
whisky - I wonder if that's the max sync rate on the upstream with interleaving enabled, I can try switching interleaving off on the upstream but leave it on down and see what happens

Dave, I've tried another reboot at the weekend and upstream speed definitely seems to be stuck at 888, so, yes, could you switch interleaving off on the upstream on Monday? (I didn't realise before that interleaving could be switched on/off on downsteam/upstream independently).
Thanks.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I have to say, I am VERY happy with this trial. I feel it just goes to show, that quite plainly, the 21CN DLM is much to oversensitive, and quick to increase margins. I ended up on a 15dB margin, with the DLM refusing to reduce this, no matter what the stability.  The ability to override, the DLM is very welcome in my opinion. I made sure I asked for something resonable, such as a 9dB downstream margin.  Now have over 5 days uptime, since getting the upload speed back.  Downstream margin drops to around 4-5dB in the evenings, but getting very few errors.
Currently at
Down  Up
Rate: 6922 kbs 875 kbs
Max Rate: 6922 kbs 876 kbs
Noise Margin: 4.0 dB 12.0 dB
Attenuation: 44.8 dB 24.3 dB
Output Power: 20.0 dBm 12.4 dBm
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Quote from: whisky

Dave, I've tried another reboot at the weekend and upstream speed definitely seems to be stuck at 888, so, yes, could you switch interleaving off on the upstream on Monday? (I didn't realise before that interleaving could be switched on/off on downsteam/upstream independently).
Thanks.

Could you do the same for me please, Dave, assuming that's why my upstream sync is also stuck at 888? Thanks!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
bluewhale
Rising Star

so i was wondering wether to push my speed further as i don't seem to be having any drops at the speed i'm at
i've been playing with the routers snr override.
was wondering what indications mean i'm getting close to the edge
eg looking in routers stats are these good bad or ugly? can i go faster?
Noise Margin:    5.1  dB
Connection Rate:  14930 Kbps
Line Attenuation: 23.5  dB
Power:            0.0  dBm
Max Rate:        18624 Kbps

SF:              7345048
SF Errors:        588
Reed Solomon:    0
RS Corrected:    0
RS Un-Corrected:  0
HEC:              357
Errored Seconds:  552
Severe ES:        0
Interleave Depth: 1
Bitswaps:        2841
w23
Pro

00:30, saw d/s margin @ 9.1dB, restarted dsl and now have sync of 8972.
pre-trial, my best (sustained) sync was around 6500.
For my line, advised as 4.5km direct, 5.3 by road (with BT line speed estimation of 4M {was 3.5M not so long ago}) this is just phenomenal.
Let's see if it hangs on in there!
I suspect my new (2 Wire) BT 2700HGV has helped, perhaps PN should source some of these (as part of BT I think this should be possible), maybe offer them as an upgrade option?  I have to say, this is a very high quality router, probably weighs 4 times as much as my Safecom and has very useful content screening for the kid's PCs.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
R_
Grafter

Dave
Please can you change my Plusnet Profile to match BT
Thanks
Richard
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

carrot63 - I think they are the delay figures with the 8 probably mean an 8ms delay (or some similar measure) but it could be something else. The profile you're on at the moment I can set interleaving to off, medium or high down or off and medium up. Doesn't look like there's any other option for upstream. It's currently set to medium in each direction. Not sure I have any profiles available that would help with this, looks like there's a problem somewhere on the line but could be one of those horrid ones to track down. Are there any patterns to the problem.
mvdb - get back in the sun rather than the forum Smiley Looks like your upstream speed is at the max, only way to increase it would be to switch interleaving off, can do that in just the upstream direction if you want.
walker23 - 6500 now our side too, I've got one of those routers somewhere, we trialled them for a while and they were pretty good, might give it another go on my line, my lines stats on my DLink currently show:
Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps): 7330 776

SNR Margin (dB): 6.0 8.8
Attenuation (dB): 52.5 27.4
Output Power (dBm): 12.5 0.0

Super Frames: 63636648 63636646
Super Frame Errors: 34029 0
RS Words: 4263655468 16162316
RS Correctable Errors: 16873313 15
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 508227 N/A

HEC Errors: 29097 0
OCD Errors: 390 0
LCD Errors: 2 0
Total Cells: 678316126 259484
Data Cells: 98643961 6739
Bit Errors: 0 0

Total ES: 22689 0
Total SES: 148 0
Total UAS: 114 0
Openreach report a copper line length of 4km for my line, but it's not lost sync for 286 hours now since being on the trial. I'm on 6dB down, 9dB up, interleaved both directions, no banding.
Toenex - you have interleaving on which I think maxes the upstream at somewhere aroun 888kbps, I can switch that off on the upstream and leave it on for the downstream for you if you like.
Mad Moggies - same as Toenex and mvdb, that's the max it does with interleaving on, can switch it off in the upstream so yeah will request the change to switch interleaving off in the upstream.
ajbrown1965 - fingers crossed they find the cause.
grahamt - interesting, I wonder if the banding does something to the frequency range too.
whisky - will do
bluewhale - can try a 3dB down profile, there might be some room to do it depends on how low that SNR drops, you're currently on 6dB you it's dropped by nearly 1dB since the resync (which is normal) but if it drops below about 3.5dB I'd say leave it on 6dB, if it stays above 4dB then probably worth a try.
R - done, 6000 both sides now
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
sladkart
Grafter

Hi Dave
Can I try interleaving OFF on my upstream please?  Interleaving should be left ON for downstream.
Thanks
Rob
stallan
Grafter

Hi Dave,
Yesterday I fitted one of those ADSLNation Faceplates and immediately saw a reduction in my SNR. You set it at 3db, and at the moment it hovers between 4db and 2db (nighttime). My sync has remained steady at 15285 (attenuation of 27) and I thought I might get up to 17000.
Can I try
- 6db downstream again
- Interleaving off for Upstream only
Cheers