Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Cabinet

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

BT Cabinet

Hi all!
I am wondering how to find which cabinet I am connected to and where it is.
I have looked at the bt dsl checker and it says cab1 but down the road it says a different cabinet.  I went to find my nearest cab and it had no numbers on it as the number would represent which cab it was.  This is because I am moving into an estate and want to see if the cab is fibre enabled. And what the distance is.
Is it a possibility that BT Would install cabs in the estate?
There is a few BT manholes on the estate.
jim:red All caps in title changed as per Forum Rules mod:end
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: BT CABINET

Well obviously it's perfectly possible that BT may do that, they may even be underground, there may have been some deal with the developers or some planning conditions, you can't predict. And which Cab you may be currently connected to will have no bearing on which Cab you might be connected to in the new property. There may be several new Cabs and just looking is no guarantee.
Do you have the phone number currently at your new property, if so put that into the checker. If not, put in the postcode and house number and see what it says. If it doesn't give any positive information all you can do is ask Plusnet to see what they can find out - assuming you are going to stay with Plusnet. Otherwise ask your intended new provider.
wintonian
Dabbler

Put the postcode into here http://fttc-check.alc.im and it should give you a good idea.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

A friend of mine who lives in Seaton Burn,  also developed by Bellway. Said that they couldn't find any cabinets on their estate.  Only manhole covers in the street.  It is labeled BT and it has 'SID' 4 and SLV '5' or something like that.  My (New) estate has BT manhole covers with SID and SLV.
Could this possibly be the BT cabinet? If so where would the fibre cabinet be?
The FTTC checker did not show and positive results but area is definitely FTTC Enabled.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If putting the property phone number or address into the checker didn't yield any Fibre info, it's possible that the estate may not have Fibre available. You'll need to ask your intended provider.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Which in that case would be Plusnet.  I do not have a phone number yet as the line is not activated