cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOTP and PXE TG582n

imperimus

BOOTP and PXE TG582n

Angry
Does any one know how to configure the TG582n to allow me to PXE boot some PCs i have?
I have used the following coomands:
dhcp server option tmpladd name=s optionid=66
dhcp server option tmpladd name=f optionid=67
dhcp server option instadd policy=always name=s tmplname=s enterprise=66 value=(addr)192.168.0.99
dhcp server option instadd policy=always name=f tmplname=f enterprise=67 value=(ascii)pxelinux.0
dhcp server pool config name=LAN_DHCP_Default state=disabled
dhcp server pool optadd name=LAN_DHCP_Default instname=s
dhcp server pool optadd name=LAN_DHCP_Default instname=f
dhcp server pool config name=LAN_DHCP_Default state=enabled

This does return a the DHCP option in a request but no infomation in the boot reply for next server or file
Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
imperimus

Re: BOOTP and PXE TG582n

Should i presume that this is not possible and should seek alternative DHCP/BootP method?
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

It's not something I've tried but I would question the use of the DHCP pool "LAN_DHCP_Default"
Is that pool correctly configure and assigned to the correct IP interface?
Is it possible to test with the default pool, "LAN_private" used by the plusnet firmware.
avatastic
Grafter

Are there options to enable bootp / booting?
I've set up PXE using isc-dhcpd before now and as well as setting the configuration variables for next server, filename, etc. it was also required to explicitly enable the bootp server in it's config file.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
imperimus

Quote from: npr
It's not something I've tried but I would question the use of the DHCP pool "LAN_DHCP_Default"
Is that pool correctly configure and assigned to the correct IP interface?
Is it possible to test with the default pool, "LAN_private" used by the plusnet firmware.

LAN_DHCP_Default is "LAN private" although renamed as I have mutiple networks
imperimus

Quote from: avatastic
Are there options to enable bootp / booting?
I've set up PXE using isc-dhcpd before now and as well as setting the configuration variables for next server, filename, etc. it was also required to explicitly enable the bootp server in it's config file.

There are no GUI options for this configuration on this router so I have followed a blog post, but I have only found one person/page via search engines that  references this and documented it.
I have configure other DHCP/Bootp systems before so I must just create new VLAN and linux DHCP for doing system builds and booting phones.