Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDUK and county/local authority FTTC rollout question

Routefinder
Grafter

BDUK and county/local authority FTTC rollout question

Hi PlusNet CSC Smiley
I have discovered that under the BDUK initiative that my Post Code will have FTTC "by the end of the year"  Cool this is based on a Post Code search here http://www.superfastsurrey.org.uk/ so is it possible for 'you' to get any clarification as I cannot find anything more specific in the public domain as to just when I might see some good news in regard to the arrival of FTTC???
TIA Cheesy
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BDUK and county/local authority FTTC rollout question

Hi there,
I'm not from the CSC (most of us PN bods that post on here are from the digital care team) but hi anyway and I'll tell them you said so Smiley
We're not aware of any more specific info I'm afraid, my advice would be to keep an eye on what this page tells you.
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi Adam
Many thanks for chiming in Smiley and sorry for my confusion in regard to team titles & members ~ :waves: to CSC
Thanks for the reprise on that link..............sadly no mention of FTTC (yet) but based on the likes of Samknows my exchange is not even on the projected OR rollout but is on the BDUK spreadsheet or at least the county of Surrey is and showing as "In delivery" so shades of right & left hands maybe as I surmise it is OR who do all the work whether on the OR rollout or the BDUK initiative rollout?
On that link the info still says this "The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 28-Feb-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 28-Feb-2014." and I am sure I asked about this before and it has no relevance to FTTC rollout of any sort?
Sounds like it will be a waiting game and once see an FTTC cabinet installed anywhere near "my cabinet" or nearby cabinets in the area I will ask you again as I would jump at the chance to get FTTC speeds Cheesy
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If it has just been announced it takes time for websites such as Samknows or DSLchecker to update.  It took around a month or 2 for me and then it gave a confirmed date.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up