Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBYW opt 1 Question

greg16
Grafter

BBYW opt 1 Question

Hi All,
i know this has been asked when PN launched there new look products but it would take ages to schroll through the old forum.  Huh
i was going to recommend broaband your way option 1 to someone when i noticed that it only came with a 1gb download and no vpn support.
i thought it came with at least 2gb download (was going to get the to take a further 3 or 4 gb's Wink ) and the vpn decision was changed within a week after launching becuase of all the queries raised on the old forum.
is the product page out of date or do i have the wrong info?
4 REPLIES 4
jazz
Grafter

Re: BBYW opt 1 Question

You have the right info but you can increase the download/upload allowance by pre-paying at the rate of 75p per additional 1 gig or allowing your monthly use to go above 1Gb and paying £1 per extra gig afterwards.  You can also set a limit on how much you will allow to be spent each month.  For VPN you really need BBYW2
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 167

BBYW option 1 has 1GB of usage between 8am-Midnight included, you can add extra for 75 pence pre GB in advance or £1 per GB as you need it. VPN is rate limited to 128Kbps, you may wish to go for option 2 if you are going to need more than this speed for VPN.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
sloberingdog

Quote from: Chris
BBYW option 1 has 1GB of usage between 8am-Midnight included, you can add extra for 75 pence pre GB in advance or £1 per GB as you need it. VPN is rate limited to 128Kbps, you may wish to go for option 2 if you are going to need more than this speed for VPN.

I know this is an old post so if i went accidently over on my broadband (option 1) i would be charged £1. Microsoft download a huge 170mb update making me VERY close to the limt.
Thank you for your replies.
paulby
Grafter

Only if you've set the PAYG option by ticking the box on this page, otherwise you'll be rate limited to 128kbps until your next billing date.