cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBYW limit reached. Very limited internet access.

helmet

BBYW limit reached. Very limited internet access.

Lo all,
The way I understand it, once you've hit your limit on BBYW, your connection speed is limited to 128kbps. I was under the impression that the connection was still usable, though.
A family member's account, which reached it's bandwidth limit a few days before the start of the new billing month and from which I'm posting this, only has access to this community site as far as I can test, there seems to be no other HTTP access. The portal isn't accessible. Even the links in the "Usage Allowance Reached" email are not accessible; returning 404 errors for "http://212.159.8.133/error.html". Although POP3 email is accessible to the Plusnet servers, POP3-SSL access to the server they use for their primary email is denied.
From the email, "Until then [the start of the new billing month], because you have reached your usage allowance, your broadband line speed is set to a maximum of 128kbps.". That would be an acceptable situation but this is really frustrating for them.
Can anybody shed any light on this?
5 REPLIES 5
suesykes
Grafter

Re: BBYW limit reached. Very limited internet access.

I reached my limit too, but I could still surf the net and download using normal methods.
I coulnt use any torrent downloads or anything though.
helmet

Thanks guys.
Any chance of someone pm'ing me the support 'phone number as I'm unable to follow PJ's links.
helmet

Thanks PJ.
I appreciate the numbers are there but as I have no HTTP access, I can't get to the Plusnet website and I don't have a cached copy to refer to.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Sairaye,
I can see that one of our agents has raised this to our networks team for investigation, apologies for the hassle. There should be an update on ticket 23536561 for you in the near future.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Have a look at my reply here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵