Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBYW Option 1

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

BBYW Option 1

Sorry if this is a repeat question, I suspect I asked it a while back, but cannot find the thread anywhere.  My parents are on PAYG legacy 2Gb, and really never use the 2Gb or get anywhere near. Previous 3 months useage is....410.07Mb,  355.85Mb and 136.04Mb.  They only use the internet for general surfing, E-mail, and talking to their daughter in China using MSN messenger and SKYPE, with a webcam.  Would BBYW Option 1 be Ok for them, with that accounts throttling?? They need good speeds to talk to my sister, and do not want stuttery connections, this is why they are on a relatively unthrottled package.  Also they have some referrals, would these referrals still be active if they change package, currently they get 1.25 discount, of the 14.99 PAYG cost.  Would welcome some advice, as like everyone else, they are trying to pare down the outgoings as much as possible.
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable

Re: BBYW Option 1

Can't answer all your questions, but I have been on Option 1 since it was introduced last year. I have very reliable speed (around 5MB) and the connection is rock solid. My account is configured to pay another £1 if I go over the 1GB rather than be slowed to dialup speed although I have never needed this. Alternatively, pre-payment would be 75p so either way it would be cheaper for your parents.
My referrals stayed intact when I moved to this package from broadband plus.
With the figures that you give it does seem like they are paying for a product that is over and above their needs.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Penfold,
I'd say they should be fine on option 1 - VoIP is still given priority so they shouldn't see any downgrade in service.
The referrals will remain active and stay on the account when it changes type.
Also please bear in mind that if immediately following the change your parents were unhappy with the service for any reason we'd be able to move them back to their current account type.
Hope that helps,
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks.  I will see what they want to do.
Cheers
penfold
Aspiring Pro

@orbray
I presume I can just PM you if they have issues, and want to move back.  Whats the timescale if they are not happy week to 10days or suchlike?Huh
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I presume I can just PM you if they have issues, and want to move back

Absolutely.
Whats the timescale if they are not happy week to 10days or suchlike?

There's no set timescale (though a week to 10 days sounds reasonable for a trial period to me). The main thing is that moving people back to legacy accounts is something that we don't normally do, so we can't just let it happen at any time and for any reason.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks.  I appreciate what you are saying.  I will discuss this with them at the weekend and see what they want to do.