BBC iPlayer HQ Streams

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: BBC iPlayer HQ Streams

Quote from: Heloman
Lol!. Its only a perl script?
You might as well be speaking Chinese AFAIAC   Sad
With PCLOS I can happily stream iPlayer, but it would be handy to ba able to d/l. Is there any easy way for a Dummy to do that?

To get your download, download the perl script, make it executable and enter a command line (terminal window):-
jeremy@HECTOR:~$./get_iplayer 3>&2 grep 'Doctor Who'
Matches:
INFO: 8 Matching Programmes
124: tv, Doctor Who Confidential: Series 1 - The Dark Side, 'BBC Three', Factual,Arts,Culture & the Media,TV, Original
125: tv, Doctor Who Confidential: Series 1 - Time Trouble, 'BBC Three', Factual,Arts,Culture & the Media,TV, Original
126: tv, Doctor Who Confidential: Series 1 - Special Effects, 'BBC Three', Factual,Arts,Culture & the Media,TV, Original
127: tv, Doctor Who Confidential: Series 1 - Weird Science, 'BBC Three', Factual,Arts,Culture & the Media,TV, Original
128: tv, Doctor Who: Series 1 - The Long Game, 'BBC One', Drama,SciFi & Fantasy,TV, Original
129: tv, Doctor Who: Series 1 - Father's Day, 'BBC One', Drama,SciFi & Fantasy,TV, Original
130: tv, Doctor Who: Series 1 - The Empty Child, 'BBC One', Drama,SciFi & Fantasy,TV, Original
131: tv, Doctor Who: Series 1 - The Doctor Dances, 'BBC One', Drama,SciFi & Fantasy,TV, Original
jeremy@HECTOR:~$ ./get_iplayer  --get 129
Matches:
INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
129: tv, Doctor Who: Series 1 - Father's Day, 'BBC One', Drama,SciFi & Fantasy,TV, Original
INFO: Attempting to Download: Doctor Who: Series 1 - Father's Day
INFO: Programme is reported as ready for download
INFO: Checking existence of Original version
INFO: File name prefix = Doctor_Who_Series_1_-_Fathers_Day_b0074drw_Original               
95MB  4766kbps  2.7%, 00:04:29 remaining       

(I cancelled the download, because I've seen it)
Only the blue lines are entered by you.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Heloman
Grafter

Re: BBC iPlayer HQ Streams

MickKi.
Many thanks. If you're ever in the Bath area I might buy you that pint!
axisofevil
Thanks to you also. As an old Dummy I am normally totally desktop (sorry- GUI in linux-speak)  reliant!
Next time I get a spare couple of days I'll see if I can get your solution to work. I chose PCLOS because its not yet required me to use CL.
But one advantage of being an oldie is plenty of spare time, and I enjoy a challenge. And Linux is fun  Smiley