Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB reboots when using the phone.

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BB reboots when using the phone.

Sometimes when I phone out or receive a phone call the internet connection drops. I have tried replacing the filtered face plate with a brand new one. It does not always happen and if I try to reproduce it sods law it does not happen. Anyone got any ideas.
25 REPLIES 25
AndyH
Grafter

Re: BB reboots when using the phone.

Is your ADSL connected at the master socket or an extension?
Do you have more than 2 wires wired into extensions (you should only have wires to terminals 2/5 of sockets).
glloyd
Rising Star

Yes connected to main socket, only has two wires, has an RFI filter plus filtered face plate.
AndyH
Grafter

Can you post your router stats for the line (attenuation etc.)? Any Sky boxes or anything else connected on the same line?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi glloyd,
It sounds like it may be a splitter card issue at the exchange, if you could run through the checks at http://faults.plus.net and let me know when you've done that we'll look to get that resolved for you.
Chris
glloyd
Rising Star

The fault checker is broken, you can't get past contact details.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi glloyd,
I was just able to get past that part on the faults wizard - it may be though that you need to enter some more information in e.g. best number to contact, best times to contact and possibly an evening phone number? It's fine to use either your mobile or the same one as is in for daytime if need be.
Hope that helps.
glloyd
Rising Star

I got a bit further this time then got this fault and get it each time I try now.
Broadband Troubleshooter - Error
There's been a problem
Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It looks like it was an issue with the testing of your line and nothing from your side. I've made sure your fault ticket is with the correct team and with the required info.
We'll update you as soon as we can.
glloyd
Rising Star

Why PlusNet  answer to every fault no matter what is to turn on interleaving? I do not want interleaving switched on as the problem is obviously an exchange problem causing my BB to drop SOMETIMES when we use the phone. Please DO NOT switch interleaving on.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that, I'm getting that cancelled for you and raised with our suppliers, your ticket will be updated soon.
glloyd
Rising Star

Thanks Chris.
glloyd
Rising Star

Ever wished you had not bothered and put up with a fault. This morning an engineer phoned when I was in the toilet and said he was at the exchange and that a field engineer would call sometime today. When I checked my broadband had dropped and did not come back up for some time. When it did the speed had dropped from 17331 to 13861 and SNR had jumped from 5 to 12. I phoned the engineer back and he claimed he had done nothing and has put it out to field who should call some time today. I don't have much faith in the engineer who called to be honest. Doing nothing does not cause a fault to get worse in five minutes.
glloyd
Rising Star

Got a text from Plusnet to say fault is being investigated at the EXCHANGE. What the hell is going on? The BTO bod said it was a line fault and not at the exchange so a field engineer will call sometime today. Now Plunet are saying it's an exchange fault and no engineer would be calling and I have to wait a further 48 to 72 hours.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@glloyd
I've checked the engineer notes which show "Fault proved onto 'D' side network." that would indicate a line issue rather than the exchange so I'm sorry if you found the last response misleading.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team