Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB & Home phone - / 1GB usage allowance

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

BB & Home phone - / 1GB usage allowance

Hi there - first time here, as I just signed up for a business package.
But I'm also thinking of moving my home phone and BB to Plusnet and like the look of the BB & Home phone - essentails package.
But it only has a 1G usage allowance - and I'm not sure that will be enough ( my present ISP doesn't provide a usage meter ).
There doesn't seem to be a another combined package with more usage allowance ??. ( No Option 2 or 3 ) - too big anyway - I might only need 5G - but that is a guess.
The site isn't clear - or I've missed it sorry - but even on the Teleworker pages it doesn't say what happens if you exceed the allowance.  I've found in the Member centre that you can add extra capacity in blocks - so is there a similar facity with
the BB & Home phone - package.
many thanks
Mal
12 REPLIES 12
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: BB & Home phone - / 1GB usage allowance

Hi Mal,
You can opt to pre-pay extra GB on the Essentials package for £1/GB if you know approximately how much "extra" you are likely to use.
If you're not sure, you can opt for a PAYG model, which will add additional GBs at £1.25 each as required.
You can also set a 'cap' on how much extra you would like to pay.
Once your inclusive allowance is used up, and assuming you have NOT opted to post-pay, then your line will be restricted to 128K at all times until your next billing date.
Useful link for this information is available here
B.
paulby
Grafter

In addition to what Barry has said, you can mix and match phone packages with broadband packages to make a tailor made package. (The essentials package is, however, stand-alone.)
However, you need to take the standard evenings and weekends or Anytime+ phone packages - the E+W package gives you inclusive landline calls (to 01,02 and 03 numbers) from 6pm each day and all weekend.  The Anytime+ package would give you inclusive landline calls (01,02,03 nos.) all day, every day.
You could then combine your phone package with, say BBYW option 1 which would give you 2GB of inclusive usage (for the basic subscription).  This would work out at £19.98 if you took the E+W phone package.
Remember that the essentials phone package only gives you inclusive calls at the weekends (all calls are charegeable through the week) and the call set up cost for those calls is slightly higher (6p as opposed to 4.5p on the other packages - it doesn't apply to inclusive calls though).
All of the broadband packages allow you to add extra usage in advance (cheaper if you know how much you're going to need) or in arrears.
Mal08
Rising Star

Many thanks Barry & Paul,
Just what I needed to know  Grin
I did try to search the website - but I either missed it - or it's not obvious.
thanks again - I think I will be signing up.
Mal
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I dont know if it is still available, but a couple of moths ago Mand was offering people the old heritage phone package of 240 mins of call anytime to 01, 02 and 03 calls, so if you are a lower call user you can make calls 24/7 free, it had to be a manual applied package, not  via a link.  Worth asking though
maranello
Pro

Is this what is referred to as the Anytime (as opposed to Anytime+) package?
Where can I find the Terms and conditions? How much is it?
My switch to Homephone E&W was confirmed today. Would it still be possible to switch to the older package if I wanted to?
My other car isn't a Ferrari
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the cost is £9.99 per 28 day
cant find the specific page just this
Get Help & Support
Important: We no longer sell the Home Phone Anytime product. There will be no effect to the service or terms and conditions for existing Home Phone Anytime customers.
General Guide
Troubleshooting Guide
Billing Guide
Nuisance Calls Guide
Discussion Forums
maranello
Pro

Thanks Pierre.
I should have signed up earlier I suppose to get the Anytime package, so unless someone from Plusnet responds that the 'special offer from Mand' is still available, I'll just have to stick with what I've got.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you could try sending Mand a PM, she is still there somewhere Roll_eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

pierre_pierre
Grafter

maranello
Pro

Thanks again Pierre for the links.
From reading the threads and the links therein is appears that the call charges are the same, the only change would be to swap unlimited evening and weekend calls for a finite monthly allowance of 240 minutes. The savings may be marginal, but as a low user with most calls being daytime but less than £5 per month (SWMBO ringing from home to me at work), the Anytime+ is not good value and will only encourage SWMBO to ring me more!
So I've PM'd Mand as you suggested, awaiting a reply.
Jake
Grafter

When we're signing up or alternating packages there's no functionality at all to add the old Home Phone Anytime so it's not going to be something someone on calls is going to be able to add.