cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Control panel for interleaving -

markrach
Grafter

BB Control panel for interleaving -

Just thought i would have a look about and have noticed that my interleaving status is on - even thou i think its off , 10ms to BBC.co.uk = off i presume  Smiley Could someone change it so if i do need to turn it back on it does not send a request to turn off  Grin
13 REPLIES 13
techguy
Grafter

Re: BB Control panel for interleaving -

Think clicking the turn off raises a request for PN to ask BT to turn it off, can only be turned back on by raising a ticket I believe.
markrach
Grafter

Hmmmm says "Your interleaving status: ON" , then the button to the side says "Turn Interleaving Off" ...
techguy
Grafter

Push the button then
I could also be that your request is still being processed.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

How is it that some people are able to control interleaving via  the Control Panel and others not?  Huh
We had interleaving put on last year when there was a problem (long since fixed) with our line. It was recently removed following discussion on these boards when we put in a request.
At no time has there been any way we could control it ourselves automatically via the Control Panel.
(To clarify, there's no interleaving button to be seen on our Control Panel.)
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
markrach
Grafter

Well i pushed it and itr put a request to turn off interleaving . cancled that now thou , if someone in plusnet could make sure the request does not go throu to BT Smiley
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: Mad
At no time has there been any way we could control it ourselves automatically via the Control Panel.

I thought it was only availble for those on Pro, though I could be mistaken..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
paulby
Grafter

Nope - my uncle had it on BBYW Option 1.  I'm on Pro and had to raise a ticket to get interleaving turned off as I didn't have the button in my member centre.
There is, however, a specific ticket to do it - here.  IIRC, the button in the Member Centre just links to the ticket.
zubel
Community Veteran

I believe the interleaving button only appears once Plusnet have received a notification of the "current" state of interleaving on your line - perhaps after requesting a change in it's status for example.
B.
techguy
Grafter

I have a turn off option and am on Essential
James
Grafter

The interleaving button was brought in before Broadband Your Way was released.
TBH I've no idea why it appears on some accounts and not on others but if anyone wants me to check on interleaving status and/or place an order to turn it off or on, please raise a ticket and PM me the ticket number.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

We're currently on BBYW Option 2, upgrading from Option 1 this year, and were previously on PAYG and before that Home Lite, having started with Home Surf. Anything in that history that might mean we haven't got the button? I was wondering if it might appear after our request to have it switched off. I only recently discovered it was on by chance, after telnetting the router and getting more stats than the browser interface gives, but had suspected as much since last year's problems.
scootie
Grafter

ive seen that there is no pattern to which packages get the interleaving option. mostly the veteran customers are who have it.
but to be honest its not a big deal if you havent. dmt tool shows if your on fast path or not and a simple ticket is al thats needed to to turn on and off.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I can't use the dmt tool as we have Macs and the system can't open exe. files. Have to telnet the router to find things out like that.
BTW, does joining in 2003 count as veteran?