cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Connection

CJV
Dabbler

Awful Connection

I just opened a ticket and I realise I'm not going to get an answer till Monday, if at all, but I'm currently experiencing insane lag spikes that are making online gaming impossible and even casual web browsing Sad
Taken from the ticket...
1) Massive ping spikes at random intervals at anytime while gaming/browsing - Pings spiking beyond 1000ms making any game unplayable (happens in any online game) also causes the internet to come to a halt
2) Random line drops over the past few days - there were never any line drops before the ones happening in the last 3/4 days (the rest were caused by me messing with routers and cables etc)
3) Random Xbox Live and Steam disconnections. Again these happen out of the blue at no particular time the connection to these services just disconnects ranomly for no particular length of time either (eg. xbox live connection could be down for an hour or days)

The last few days have been horrendous especially since the line is now actually dropping along with the random lag spikes. This really hasn't been the best of switches from O2/BE where I had no issues for 5 years Sad Really hope this gets sorted soon.

Edit: 😕
1 REPLY 1
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Awful Connection

Hi CJV,
I can see we've replied to your support ticket that you've raised, as mentioned you've had a few disconnections recently.
I'd suggest running through the faults wizard - http://faults.plus.net
We'll then be able to take a closer look at this.