cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aware of competition? Hope customer will not notice.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Aware of competition? Hope customer will not notice.

Quote from: petecov44
How would I find that out?  

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

briston
Aspiring Pro

What a bag of worms I have shook up. The summary is this, as I see it. I am on the Melton Constable exchange. Market 1 or A. Plus net will give me a £4 discount within seconds when I found out I was out of contract and I said they were expensive. That's nearly 25% off. But the result is still more than if I change ISP to BT. At least it is confirmed that Plus net is being run as a separate entity from BT even though BT purchased it. In effect BT is undercutting itself. But of course I have to change ISP. So internet access is now like car insurance, you have to change supplier at the end of every contract to become a new user and get the discount. This swapping of customers, or churn, costs money and that is wasted money. Shops offer loyalty cards. EE check my mobile usage and change my package to always keep me on the best rate. BT and Talk Talk mail shot me. EE text me offering unlimited broadband. Plusnet clearly have been taking £4/month from me at least because it's my fault for not leading!
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: I
Quote from: petecov44
How would I find that out?  

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
Regards
Mike

Market: 1
Mkt2014: A
yet still showing £18.44 a month
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: briston
What a bag of worms I have shook up. The summary is this, as I see it. I am on the Melton Constable exchange. Market 1 or A. Plus net will give me a £4 discount within seconds when I found out I was out of contract and I said they were expensive. That's nearly 25% off. But the result is still more than if I change ISP to BT. At least it is confirmed that Plus net is being run as a separate entity from BT even though BT purchased it. In effect BT is undercutting itself. But of course I have to change ISP. So internet access is now like car insurance, you have to change supplier at the end of every contract to become a new user and get the discount. This swapping of customers, or churn, costs money and that is wasted money. Shops offer loyalty cards. EE check my mobile usage and change my package to always keep me on the best rate. BT and Talk Talk mail shot me. EE text me offering unlimited broadband. Plusnet clearly have been taking £4/month from me at least because it's my fault for not leading!

Not really your timeline and the fact I thought your screename was linked to Bristol means I thought you were local to me, i but you are not so I apologise.
shure
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
In my opinion - anyone on a Market 1 exchange would be better off with BT unless there is an LLU offering (could be one and still be Market 1 or A in the new classification)

I don't think that's true, unless PN have tightened up considerably.  I am on a Market 1 exchange and get ADSL "Max."  At the beginning of this year I renegotiated my contract with PN from £16.99 per month down to £6.50 per month, a discount of £10.49.  This was for an 18 month Unlimited deal and I also take line rental from them.  I have been with PN for a few years.  I have to say I didn't have to do an awful lot of negotiating at the time.
tangey
Grafter

I'm no cheerleader for plusnet, although at home I have been with them for a longer time now.
Last month, I was in the market for a new fibre installation for work. (i.e. a business product)
BT's 80MB package was headline cheaper. However it was limited to 50G a month. They wanted £5 extra for unlimited. They wanted £5 extra for a static IP.
This installation required a new line, but only for broadband, hence no calls.  BT wanted £19 a month for the line rental. Plusnet is £12.50 a month.
I was able to add in plusnet's "enhanced care" for £8.50 a month and still end up substantially cheaper than the BT package.
For the first 12 months, for all of the above, plusnet is £34+ vat a month, rising to £52 + vat in year 2. BT couldn't get close.
enhanced care isn't contract bound, so can be removed at any time.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

As per shure - I had a very short and successful conversation with COT in June and I'm paying the same as him on Mkt 1 exchange after mentioning that Sky wanted to give me "free" bband!
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: shure
In my opinion - anyone on a Market 1 exchange would be better off with BT unless there is an LLU offering (could be one and still be Market 1 or A in the new classification)

I don't think that's true, unless PN have tightened up considerably.  I am on a Market 1 exchange and get ADSL "Max."  At the beginning of this year I renegotiated my contract with PN from £16.99 per month down to £6.50 per month, a discount of £10.49.  This was for an 18 month Unlimited deal and I also take line rental from them.  I have been with PN for a few years.  I have to say I didn't have to do an awful lot of negotiating at the time.

Thank you, FINALLY someone else who sees the madness I see!
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: tangey
I'm no cheerleader for plusnet, although at home I have been with them for a longer time now.
Last month, I was in the market for a new fibre installation for work. (i.e. a business product)
BT's 80MB package was headline cheaper. However it was limited to 50G a month. They wanted £5 extra for unlimited. They wanted £5 extra for a static IP.
This installation required a new line, but only for broadband, hence no calls.  BT wanted £19 a month for the line rental. Plusnet is £12.50 a month.
I was able to add in plusnet's "enhanced care" for £8.50 a month and still end up substantially cheaper than the BT package.
For the first 12 months, for all of the above, plusnet is £34+ vat a month, rising to £52 + vat in year 2. BT couldn't get close.
enhanced care isn't contract bound, so can be removed at any time.

The support is pretty champion also!
petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: shure

My dad called and COT have given him what the website said - in fact you matched talktalk so he's got his BB or £1.70 and he's bringing his line across too
Nice one! Smiley