cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aware of competition? Hope customer will not notice.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Aware of competition? Hope customer will not notice.

At the moment BT are doing unlimited broadband for £ 5 a month ( for another 4 days)12 month contact,  via this special link
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=41456&s_cid=con_cic_a...
Which beats PN on MK1 exchange hands down. Should help anyone on market 1 exchange renegotiate their contact with PN, if their out of contract Grin Smiley
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

petecov44
Grafter

Quote from: I
At the moment BT are doing unlimited broadband for £ 5 a month ( for another 4 days)12 month contact,  via this special link
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=41456&s_cid=con_cic_a...
Which beats PN on MK1 exchange hands down.
Regards
Mike

How is that so when it's offering my parents neighbour £18.45 for 12 months in a mk1 area? BT is £20.95?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

The above offer is for new customers only , and has to be through that think.
The link and details regarding the above offer  was included in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email on the 17.09.14
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

petecov44
Grafter

fair enough but it is still more expensive than plusnet. market 1 (or so the website says)
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

How have you come to that conclusion? . If you go via that link ( the first offer) broadband is £ 5 a month on a 12 month, which is £ 4.99 a month cheaper than PN current offer for market 1 customers which is £9.99 a month.
Regards
Mike

petecov44
Grafter

Yes but you are not adding in the line rental..
Plusnet is £15.95 + £2.50 for 12 months = 18.45. I've just done the order again and that's the price it gives for 12 months on a 12 month contract on ADSL
By doing it your way Plus net is £2.50 cheaper than the BT deal.
Edit - Market 1 deal live on the site right now.. http://prntscr.com/4q8noz
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: I
At the moment BT are doing unlimited broadband for £ 5 a month ( for another 4 days)12 month contact,  via this special link
Which beats PN on MK1 exchange hands down. Should help anyone on market 1 exchange renegotiate their contact with PN, if their out of contract Grin Smiley
Regards
Mike

I think you may have misread my first post, I am referring to Market 1 customers , not Market 2 and 3  Wink
Market 1 On 12 Month Contract
PN broadband 9.99 Line Rental 15.95 = 25.94
BT broadband 5.00 Line Rental 15.99 = 20.99
Regards
Mike

petecov44
Grafter

If my parents are not on a market 1 exchange then PN has been over charging them for 5 years. They have BT only at this time
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

@Petecov44 , all i am doing is pointing out, that the BT offer at the moment is cheaper for Market 1 customers than PN
Regards
Mike

petecov44
Grafter

Yes - and all I am doing is pointing out that, according to PN's live ordering system - they it's not.
Market 1 On 12 Month Contract
PN broadband 2.50 Line Rental 15.95 = 18.44
BT broadband 5.00 Line Rental 15.99 = 20.99
What can't speak can't lie etc..
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I suggest you recheck the price for Plusnet on market 1!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
petecov44
Grafter

Well I am running an order though on an exchange I KNOW is market 1 and that's what it's coming up with - so you tell me!
Sent you a PM jelv..
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

According to the legal bit, MK1 area get a 7.50 discount for 12 month of the normal price of £17.49

"Receive a £7.50 discount each month for 12 months on the standard Unlimited Broadband price of £9.99 a month (or the standard Unlimited Broadband price of £17.49 a month if you live outside of a low-cost area)."
@petecov44 see the attachment , you are quoting market 2 and 3 prices
Regards
Mike

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Sending a PM when you are blocking replies is pretty dumb!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
petecov44
Grafter

It is - and as I didn't know then I can only assume it was done when my account was compromised as I certainly didnt do it but thanks for letting me know I was waiting for another one lol. done it Smiley