Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting Connection.

MarkB
Grafter

Awaiting Connection.

Hi there,
Am new to plusnet and only recently got the phone line connected. It was live on Wednesday. I was under the impression that once connected the broadband connection process would start up. I know this probably comes across as impatient, and that's not really what I'm feeling, it's just I'm watching the status page of my order closely and it hasn't changed since Monday. I've saw one or two posts here where the Broadband connection process has stalled or failed for various reasons and am concious that sometimes errors occur. Paranoid? Moi? C'est Non! I would love for someone to officially reassure me that all is well and progressing smoothly.

Cheers,
7 REPLIES 7
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Awaiting Connection.

Welcome to the forums and I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances! Your account has been affected by problem 62958 where your account was not correctly flagged for the broadband order to be placed once the telephone order completed. I've now pushed this through manually and you can expect your order to complete in seven - 10 days.
MarkB
Grafter

See, you not paranoid if they are out to get you... Cheers for doing that.
MarkB
Grafter

Hey once again. I see payment has been taken from my account as per the last invoice - although why it took so long to come out I'm not sure. However the status is still showing as pending. On top of this I see the broadband is ment to be complete by noon on the 14th, and since the hardware hasn't been ordered yet, I'm ever so slightly worried this won't happen on time. I do hope I'm just overly worried for no reason, and would hate to be disappointed.
Could someone please clarify whats what? Cheers,
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Whoops, my bad on this one. When I manually placed your order I should have sent the router out too. I've now ordered it for you and it should still be with you before the broadband goes active. Sorry about that.
P.S. I notice that you've taken the non-contract option and paid the fees for the broadband installation and router up front, but as you've taken our telephone service, we could have paid these fees for you so long as you stayed with us for 12 months. If you chose to leave then we would only ask for the same fees back, so you only have the option to save money. Would you like me to refund the fees and convert them to deferred contracts?
MarkB
Grafter

Thats very interesting Ben. When I chatted to a couple of different online advisers before and during online ordering neither of them mentioned that was the only fee for leaving a contract early. I had made the assumption that the full remainder of the contract would be requested. Not Mand or Rachels fault of course, since I didn't actually ask them about contract options or associated fees and penalities.
So on the basis of all that being correct I would be happy for you to make the switch over to contract, if this is possible and won't effect the current process.

Cheers
MarkB
Grafter

Hey,
Could you update me as to whats happening with this? I notice from 'account details' that I now have a cessation charge and a zero cost on the router, but no notification of refund.?

Cheers,
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll get it all sorted for you now Smiley
Edit: I've put a note on your account, you won't see the deferred fees listed at all. £65 has been returned by Direct Debit and will show in your account in 1-5 working days.