cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Compensation for Delay in Providing Service

yfront
Grafter

Automatic Compensation for Delay in Providing Service

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

Are Plusnet part of this arrangement?

When reported in the news, the impression given was that all ISPs were to be included.

When you dig deeper on the OFCOM site it seems to be a voluntary code of practice.

BT is included in the list but no mention of Plusnet.

I have a referral that migrated, or should have, from BT to Plusnet on the 12th, but still awaiting completion.

We know what the problem is, he's still connected to the BT gateway at the exchange, but trying to get it sorted is like walking through treacle!

14 REPLIES 14
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Automatic Compensation for Delay in Providing Service

Hi @yfront, we remain committed to signing up to the automatic compensation scheme and will confirm when this will happen.

In relation to your referral having issues, if you can advise them to get in touch via one of our support channels, such as the forums, Facebook or Twitter, we would be happy to take a look at this for them.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

Lauren

Thank you for responding.

So Plusnet are only committed to signing up to the scheme. Not sure where we stand with this!

To get the problem resolved we spoke to the help desk with no result.

Tried the forums (here) with no result.

Another attempt via the help desk, now again with your suppliers, but a complete lack of urgency all round.

If you want to chase things along see tickets.

Thanks

Fred

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @yfront, thanks for the info, I have had a look further into this and contacted our suppliers regarding the issue. They have completed a soft cease and re-provide on the line. Please can you/ the account holder reboot the router and attempt again to log on (using our details).  If the issue persists, please get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

Oh surprise, thank you very much, looks hopeful, I'll contact my referee and update you.

Fred

yfront
Grafter

Well that was another wasted journey.

Still the same, still connected to BT, albeit an extremely slow connection.

Seeing Plusnet is committed to the £5 per day delayed service compensation, that's the figure we'll expect.

Thank you for your interest anyway.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @yfront,

Sorry to hear that the issue is still persisting. Please can you confirm if you have tried a factory reset on the router by placing a pin like item in the reset hole found on the back of the router.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

Do a factory reset!

I've already worn out two paper clips doing just that.

Seriously, If you read my post above you'll see the line is still connected to the BT gateway, no amount of fiddling with the router will make a jot of difference until that is sorted, it's a BT to Plusnet migration.

Apparently there's a tag on the line, until that's taken off we'll not move forward.

I believe it's tied up with BT automated systems, until the system cycles through, Friday I'm told, they can do nothing.

Bit like being unable to take it off auto pilot and control it manually!

Annoyingly it took Plusnet two weeks to accept there was a BT problem.

Lets leave it at that until Friday and see what happens, in the mean time the account holder is going ballistic, this will be my last referral unless he gets the £5 per day for delay in order completion that Plusnet say they are committed to..

Thanks anyway.

Fred

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @yfront, I'm sorry that the soft cease and re-provide did not resolve the issue.

I have added a further update onto the ticket here.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

BT have now reported there are no tags on the line, however they say that the line is still connected to the previous suppliers network!

Well there we are then, its taken 3 weeks to come full circle to where we started.

What next then, they will send an engineer, so what will he do that the engineer sent three weeks ago couldn't do.

We don't know, but the appointment is for this morning.

Tune in for the next update.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back to us @yfront.

Apologies for the issues you're having and inconvenience this is causing. Please do let us know how the engineer appointment goes and we'll continue to monitor things from our side.

Regards

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
yfront
Grafter

Engineer appointment made for Saturday AM two weeks after the first engineer visit.

The account holder remained at home until 2.0pm but no show from an engineer.

I as his referrer contacted support in the afternoon, the account holder saying you talked me into Plusnet you sort it.

Plusnet, support claimed they could now see he was connected to the Plusnet gateway. I managed to contact the account holder late afternoon and after yet another router reset it synced up and connected.

Success at last!

What have I learnt from this?

Don't do any more referrals, it's not worth the hassle.

For Plusnet. 

The suits need to get their act together, support staff in general are keen to help but their hands seem to be tied by a lack of freedom of communication and control between their suppliers (BT) and themselves.

After a new or existing customer has been without service for five days or more a single point of contact should be established to provide continuity  for resolving problems.

I've spent hours on the phone chasing this, up each each time speaking to someone different. Even with information on the ticket I find it hard going to push the problem forward.

That's it, I've had enough, except to say, before we start writing letters, who amongst the support staff on here are able to arrange some meaningful compensation for the missing three weeks of service, let alone the hours of frustration on the phone.

Fred

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back to us @yfront and confirming the service is now working.

I am pleased to hear this but I do sincerely apologies for the delays there have been and inconvenience this will have caused. I'll certainly pass on your feedback you have provided in regards to one single point of contact for situations like this.

With regards to a gesture of goodwill, I've taken a look into this and provided an update here for you.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
raspberry65

BT is signed up to this agreement, so Plusnet as a subsidiary of BT must be too

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

BT is signed up to this agreement, so Plusnet as a subsidiary of BT must be too

Unfortunately not. In stating that BT are signed up, OFCOM have exercised their normal incompetence and vagueness.

PlusNet and BT Retail are subsidiaries of BT Group but PlusNet is not a subsidiary of BT Retail

BT Retail have signed up to it, not BT Group.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.