cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication failed

southmont

Authentication failed

I've just done a factory reset of my router but now trying to reconnect I'm getting the Authentication failed message. I'm using the username and password suggested in the FAQs unsuccessfully. Any help appreciated
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Authentication failed

It is possible that a factory reset takes it back to the Technicolor defaults which are  username is Adminstrator (case sensitive - make sure you have a capital A), and the password left blank.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

For internet access you need to use the credentials below:
username@plusdsl.net
password
In case of doubt validate your user name and password by logging on to your account vis the Plusnet web site.
southmont

Unfortunately neither suggestion has worked but thanks for trying.
mushy
Grafter

You could alway try using the serial number of the router for the password
Also since you have done a reset use the name and passord that came on the card that came with the router
Hope one of those works for you
Edit - Sorry just gone back over it thought u logging into router but it is the connection that is the problem which should be your username@plusdsl.net and your account password as already mentioned and case sensitive.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I see you got back on not long after midnight, I assume everything's ok for you now?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.