cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Fault

nodrogs

Authentication Fault

Hi, wondering if anyone can help.  I'm trying to login to plusnet for the first time but I keep getting an authentical failure on my router.  I'm using the correct login details (username@plusdsl.net) and password.  Tried changing filters etc.  Router previously worked with plusnet before I moved house.  I have a solid ADSL light but no internet light on the router.
Thanks for any help!
Stephen
8 REPLIES 8
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Authentication Fault

Hi Stephen,
Welcome to the forums.
Just to be clear, am I correct in concluding that you have just moved your service from one property to a new one and you have never before connected to the PlusNET service at the new address?
With the title given, in the current circumstance of the weekend's major outage, there is a risk that this thread might be associated with that issue and you might be advised that you need to power down the router and wait.
It is more than likely that the account has not yet been activated on / associated with the new line.
Hopefully this is something which CRT (PlusNET staff) will address in a jiffy!
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi and welcome to the forums,
Although your account is active, the broadband potion hadn't been enabled.
I've sorted this now and you should be able to connect. I'm just looking into why you had the problem in the first place.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
nodrogs

Thanks Tony, I'll check it tonight and see what happens.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,
You've got an ongoing connection now.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: plusnettony
the broadband potion hadn't been enabled.

I've often suspected that the internet involved a bit of magic but never previously realised that witchcraft was involved.  Cheesy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Quote from: w23
I've often suspected that the internet involved a bit of magic but never previously realised that witchcraft was involved.  Cheesy

I blame my faulty keyboard.  Wink
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
nodrogs

Hi Tony, all up and running now, thanks for your help!
Stephen
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot for letting us know Stephen and kudos to Tony!  Grin
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team