Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At 128k after upgrade.

balkce
Dabbler

At 128k after upgrade.

Hi again,
I've upgraded to the BYOW Option 4 late last night, and after a couple of hours the speed went up as normal. However, now I'm experiencing low speeds again.
Was the speed boost yesternight just a glitch? How long does it normally take to recover normal speed after an upgrade? I remember that when I first upgraded from Option 2 to Option 3 it only took a couple of hours.
Thanks.
Caleb
9 REPLIES 9
James
Grafter

Re: At 128k after upgrade.

Hi there,
I've tried making some minor changes to your account.  Can you try rebooting and see if it improves your speed at all?
balkce
Dabbler

Ok. Rebooting now...
balkce
Dabbler

Done, rebooting. And, no, I'm afraid that speed test are still under 128k.
James
Grafter

OK. Thanks.
I'm going to raise a ticket to Dave Tomlinson who will be able to change your ellacoya profile.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Should be correct now, although you may need to disconnect/reconnect again, if not can you run the BT Speedtest just to double check the result there please?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/bt_speed_tester.shtml
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Just took a few minutes to filter through but it all shows correctly now on our side, if it hasn't already taken effect then it will when you disconnect/reconnect.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
balkce
Dabbler

Sorry for taking so long in replying back. Work, work, work.
Thanks for the ticket you raised; I raised one myself, but I think it was misunderstood. Anyway, the speed is back up to normal, thanks a lot.
It is really nice to have this kind of support. I've been asked quite a lot of the cost of my broadband and it has raised some eyebrows. However, they have raised mine when I see the hell they have to go through in tech support and connection quality; hence the keyword "cheap" broadband.
I feel that it's money well spent, for a change. Thanks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I feel that it's money well spent, for a change. Thanks.

Don't forget you can actually make money from us too Wink
http://www.plus.net/referrals/offer.shtml
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pcoventry76
Grafter

I also believe in the way plusnet approaches the whole customer service area to be a breath of fresh air.
Having 24/7 live support and also incorporating it into the system that PlusNet has means the customer never feels alone, it's one thing having to ring expensive or PR numbers, but when PlusNet decided to start to offer a geographical number it signaled to me that PlusNet were truely putting the customers first, most companys WANT to make money from you that's WHY they have 0845 and 0870 numbers, and while i appreciate moons ago PN also did this, the fact they removed the barrier for alot of customers showed, to me anyway, their true commitment

I've phoned at 3am and been dealt with - it's truely amazing and at the end oft eh day the customer is king, it's just another tools PlusNet have in their batlte to become the best ISP in the UK - although clearly they have already achieved this.