cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RT-N12E

Bolgers2014

Asus RT-N12E

Hi
Is the Asus RT-N12E compatible with the Plustnet Technicolor TG582n? I have connected them via the ethernet port1 but am unable to access the internet. Please can someone help.
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Asus RT-N12E

Are you using FTTC ? If you are then you could replace the 582n with the RT--N12E
If not then read below:
The RT-12NE is a router in its own right so if you want to use it in conjunction with the 582n, you will need to disable DHCP on the RT-12NE, assign it a static IP address, a different SSID for the wireless and connect it to the 582n via a LAN port (not the WAN port)
Bolgers2014

Thank you Dom, I couldn't find the DHCP to disable and instead have changed it to an access point which I thought looked fairly similar and seemed to work for all of 5 minutes.
Now I am back to square one except I can no longer connect to the default gateway.
When I could connect it came up asking for more log in details - but when I click the bubble it did nothing  Undecided
picbits
Rising Star

You should be able to perform a factory reset on it and start from scratch if need be.
If you are using it in access point mode, you may need to hook the wan port on the N12E to a LAN port on the 582n - that is an educated guess though as I've not used the RT-N12E before.
picbits
Rising Star

Just had a quick flick through the manual for it - it appears you hook the WAN port on the ASUS to a LAN port on the 582n after setting a different SSID / Password on the wireless for the ASUS first.
It should then just act as an access point and it disables the internal DHCP / NAT etc etc automatcially in Access Point mode.