cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Astrolamp Speed Problems

astrolamp
Dabbler

Astrolamp Speed Problems

You lot should be lucky with 20+ MB/s download ; we were told we'd get a minimum of 7Mb/s download using standard connection.
All we are now getting is 0.3Mb/s at best which is UTTERLY PATHETIC!!!!!!
What the hell are you messing about with, Plusnet?
If this continues you will be dropped like the last lot.
54 REPLIES 54
astrolamp
Dabbler

Re: Astrolab Speed Problems

After joining Plusnet our speed crept up to 1.9Mb/s download speed after 8 days, now it has plummeted back down to 0.3Mb/s - utterly PATHETIC!!!!!!
If it doesn't get sorted we will be migrating again.
astrolamp
Dabbler

'Traffic Management' is simply another way of admitting that the lines/network isn't up to the job.
The old telephone lines were never designed for high frequency/high speed information.
Fibre-optic IS, but with the constant increase of video content we are even restricting ( or will be soon ) that.
So much for technology 'improving'.
astrolamp
Dabbler

Tried it.
It gave exactly the same result as www.speedtest.net ; .
Still doesn't make our pathetic, S-L-O-W connection any better.
astrolamp
Dabbler

Did the speed test 3 times today as asked by PlusNet.
Virtually identical garbage speed of 0.91Mb/s, which is NOT what we PAID FOR.
Having read PN's news about people having trouble with poor speed/connection it made me wonder why they never told us this when I was buying their service?
Being offered a PROMISED line speed of 7 Mb/s when knowingly having problems in this area is FRAUD, plain and simple.
We have paid for a month's use of pitifully poor speed and are STILL not sorted and feel cheated, especially FINANCIALLY.
NOT SATISFIED SO FAR.  Angry
apjashley1
Grafter

Re: Astrolamp Speed Problems

Disappointed as you must be, fraud is the wrong word here,
AndyH
Grafter

Can you run a BT Speed Test  (http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/), click on Further Diagnostics and post the results here?
astrolamp
Dabbler

Moving me onto an invisible page so no one can see me.......hmmmm nice..........censoring free speech now.....nice one Plusnet.
AndyH
Grafter

?
Don't quite follow you.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

He's had several "trolled" posts merged into his own thread Andy.
@Astrolamp - that was done by the moderators who are not Plusnet staff, they are Plusnet CUSTOMERS just like you and me.
If you bothered to read the responses made to some of your posts and provided the information, then someone may be able to help.
Having just read one of your other posts about speeds on TalkTalk I can only assume you have some sort of a line problem and until that is addressed that will hound you wherever you go. The ISP has no control over the quality of your line to the exchange, the sooner you realise that fact, the sooner you may stop trying to blame the ISP and actually find out how to deal with the problem.
Your posts are on the correct board for the nature of your problem. Got it yet?
picbits
Rising Star

Maybe by sorting out the bad attitude, you might get more help on here.
If your line was bad with TT and is bad with PN then there is more than likely an issue with your line.
It could be an easy thing such as your Sky box interfering with your ADSL (some Sky boxes need double filtering). Other issues can be as diverse as a faulty street lamp injecting HF interference down your phone line - these are an absolute nightmare to diagnose and it doesn't matter which ISP you're with, it can be a long drawn out process.
If you had gone from TT with fantastic speeds to PN and got terrible speeds then I could understand your frustration but you're better off being polite to the staff and members and go through the step by step diagnoses people offer to you as ultimately it could save you an awful lot of time.
Maybe post what you've tried to remedy the issues ? Any engineer visits etc ? Quiet line tests, router statistics etc.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I can't see that a ticket has been raised Undecided
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To note - I merged them and I sent a PM to Astrolamp with a link to this thread
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@astrolamp
Please let us know, by replying to the fault ticket when you'd be available for an engineer visit as we'd like to get this issue resolved for you ASAP.
astrolamp
Dabbler

The speed has now gone up to 4.12Mb/s and did hit 5.81Mb/s yesterday afternoon!
This is without doing anything at this end.
We are 'getting there' as far as the speed goes, only the odd blip in connection happens, which I hope will cure soon.
I apologise to anyone who thinks I have been abusive in any way, but when people are being ripped off by thieving banksters, British Gas high prices, bent politicians, etc, you get to distrust virtually everyone.
We have been patient with Plusnet as we have paid some £40 up front for a month of slow speed and constant 'put offs' and 'having to wait' periods, so perhaps some of the corporate shills on here can understand the frustration.
After 13 loyal service with AO-Hell ( now Talk Talk owned ) only now to be persued for £116 for 'breaking contract' of something we never signed ( and money which they are NOT GETTING ) you can see why people like me are cynical ( and untrusting ).
Hope the better speed continues Tongue