cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Astraweb Usenet - Please Help!!!

pudsi

Astraweb Usenet - Please Help!!!

I use Astraweb Usenet. Or at least I did until a few weeks ago when I changed my PlusNet plan from my really really old plan (which ceased to be offered to new users years ago) that cost £39.99 per month to PlusNet Premium inc. 80gb Bandwidth @ £11.99 per month. As soon as my plan was changed my Astraweb Usenet downloads stopped Sad In fact, they don't even start! The files just "sit there" in GrabIt! for ever and a day....
Has this happened to anyone else?
Can anyone suggest an alternative?
Thanks,
Ade.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Astraweb Usenet - Please Help!!!

Hi Ade,
Are you using it over SSL, or the standard ports? Try switching to the other, that might help - if not let us know.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Just a thought...
Would the PlusNet firewall settings have any impact on it ? Have they been changed automatically by any chance due to the product change ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I had no problems with Astraweb on either the 119 or 583 (?) ports. The firewall shouldn't stop traffic originated by him i.e. he is not running a server just a client..
If the only difference is the new package, I would try rebooting your router to see if it is causing it (long shot!) Other than that try a tracert to astraweb's servers and see if you are being blocked anywhere. If not then raise a ticket on it!