cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked For Interleaving To Be Turned Off Twice

Glenn
Grafter

Asked For Interleaving To Be Turned Off Twice

I asked for interleaving to be turned of on my line on phone on Sunday 4th and was told it was put through, but it didn't happen.

I phoned up yesterday the 6th and asked for it to be done again and was told it was put through and was told to reboot my router in 4 hours or so for it to take effect.

I rebooted my router about 5 hours later and interleaving is still on, router shows interleaving depth of 1 on downstream and upstream. Angry

I don't like rebooting my router for no good reason, plus was waiting on phone for over 40 mins...appalling.

So I'm asking for the 3rd time for interleaving to be turned off completely, both downstream and upstream, please.

(As a side note, my thread on here has been locked after I posted to it on Sunday, admittedly it's an old thread, but I like keeping my stuff in here on the same thread)

6 REPLIES 6
Glenn
Grafter

Re: Just Got Up And Running After 4 Weeks

Hi, I'd like to request that interleaving be turned off on my line please, it's at 1, but I want it off, thanks. Smiley

Edit: Just got off phone to plusnet cs, ignore above request as it got done over phone.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Asked For Interleaving To Be Turned Off Twice

Hi there.

From what I can see interleaving is already switched off as shown by INP 0.

Profile Info: WBC 160K - 24M No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, UC No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

Having said that our tests are also showing interleaving as Auto which may be what your router is flagging up.

Downstream BIP Interface Data

Current Line Rate Line Rate Change TimeStamp Maximum Stable Rate Recalculated Profile TimeStamp Maximum Stable Rate Fault Threshold Rate Interleaving Flag
7880 05/11/2018 05:24:27 N 04/11/2018 16:01:59 8128 6502 A

I've placed an order to modify your service changing the interleaving flag to N. It'll go through tomorrow. Could you let us know how it goes?

(As a side note, my thread on here has been locked after I posted to it on Sunday, admittedly it's an old thread, but I like keeping my stuff in here on the same thread)

It looks like our mods locked the old thread and rather than split the post you made to a new thread, they moved it to a thread storage as the problem was resolved. I've asked them to merge that post with this thread to keep everything in one place.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Interleaving depth of 1 is off. No matter how many times you get someone to switch it off, it'll still display an interleaving depth of 1 in the modem stats.

The interleaving depth value itself is not particularly important, the important stats are INP (the amount of protection), and delay, which should be self explanatory.

Glenn
Grafter

@ejs Kitz says interleaving depth of 0 means it's off, if 1 means it's already off, then great, blame kitz for my confusion.

Router still shows interleaving depth of 1 up and down.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Glenn,

Thanks for your post. On our systems, INP 0 signifies that interleaving is turned off.

Having checked your line I can see the below:

WBC 160K - 24M No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, UC No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to get back in touch should you need anything else at all.

Glenn
Grafter

@OskarPapa Thanks for the clarification, I guess in the 2704's expert user stats interleaving depth of 1 means it's off.

My router just resynced on it's own at a higher speed, all's good, thanks to all for your help. Smiley