Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask the boss

mal0z
Grafter

Re: Ask the boss

Another point for the boss please.
The billing system, and its use.
We have seen a number of people reporting billing errors ( myself included ).
The latest is http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74635.0/
[edit to ad another mis-billing
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73952.0/

Either
a) the system itself is not resilient enough
b) staff training / use of it needs to be improved.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I've said it before, but I'd like justification for the now whopping (PlusNet's words not mine) 18 month contracts, and why an option for a monthly contract is no longer offered, even if that requires higher costs or no lead-in price etc to be 'feasible'.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

A Which? Computing <a href="http://www.which.co.uk/news/2009/03/technical-support-lines-exposed-as-costly-170985.jsp">report</a>  published today states:
Which? Computing found that the average wait to speak to someone on an ISP technical support line is 1 minute 33 seconds. Plusnet customers have the longest average wait of nearly eight minutes;

Are any plans in hand to improve on this dire statistic?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
godsell4
Rising Star

We have heard plenty of times from PN staff, over many years, something along the lines of "We are not the cheapest ISP because our products are ALL designed to be profitable".
So what was wrong with the BBYW product if the statement above is true that required such a change in product strategy to produce Value and Unlimited? Is it the pricing of WBC/IPSC connections?
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
tonycollinet
Grafter

Why do Plusnet feel the need to hide the price structure for the new products.
First by only giving an introductory price as the "headline" price, then by basing this on the cheaper Market 3 exchanges, then making it apparently impossible to find a page which clearly outlines the different monthly charges for the different product comnbinations, on the different exchanges.
I failed to find it, and when I posted a question here - no-one else has been able to point me at it either. As things stand, I am unable to advise a potential referral what they would pay on an ongoing basis for the package they would want. Needless to say - they are looking elsewhere.
Please don't think that hiding the prices behind the "buy now" button is acceptable. Would you go into a shop and say "I'll take that please" with absolutely no idea what you will pay?

hop
Grafter

Don't think this has been asked yet:
Why remove all the nice (free) 'value-added' features - domain hosting & webspace for example? These provide a nice facility for people who have a small, low traffic, non-commercial site and can't justify commercial hosting.
Will an alternative be offered? Or is stuff like this no longer seen as part of Plusnet's business?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Do PlusNet still have a commitment to not introduce Phorm (or Webwise etc) or any other data pimping spyware?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Has PN carried out an exercise which shows that customers on slow speed lines require the most support?
This would account for the decision to "cherry-pick" urban customers.
Presumably rural customers are less profitable?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

petejackson
Grafter

Thank you everyone.  We'll call that a wrap on the questions and I will put them to Anthony.  Stay tuned.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

As Peter has got enough questions for now, I'll lock this thread to ensure it's integrity until such time the new CEO responds.
I'd like to thank all the participants of this thread for their time, and like yourselves, I look forward to the responses which should be forthcoming.