ctech500
Grafter

Re: Ask the Boss - Answers discussion thread

Ok I got it now sorry...Exactly!  Wink
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Barry Google does not scrape websites, Google does not use DPI in the ISP, Phorm does!
and grow up, if Google was doing what Phorm does I would have a lawsuit against them, but thay don't do what Phorm does!
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Gary,
I realise that you have very strong feelings on the PHORM scenario, but that is not sufficient to hog this particular thread demanding an answer to the impossible.  It has already been pointed out that no commercial organisation is going to give a categoric answer to this  problem - particularly in a public forum.  I am content for now with the Plusnet statement that they have no current plans to implement PHORM.
I share many of your points of view and like others will review my position IF and WHEN any plans to implement it become available.
Could I suggest that for now we accept the positioning statement that Anthony has made, which re-iterates previous Plusnet statement on this topic.

Maurice
(In a personal capacity and not a PUG statement)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: MauriceC
Could I suggest that for now we accept the positioning statement that Anthony has made, which re-iterates previous Plusnet statement on this topic.

Ok for now I will accept his statement!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Can we have a link inserted into the original set of questions/answers - perhaps at the top of page 1 - as I don't remember the answers to the questions?
I simply recall that the answer to most questions was lacking in substance.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Strat found them earlier in this thread. They are here
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74457.msg592684.html#msg592684
mal0z
Grafter

I asked a question about the many billing errors - either automatically by the system, or manual errors - but apparently no reply from the boss ?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Mal, there is a response about the resilience of the billing system in the Answers thread. It is the very last one before Barry's locking post.
You've been speed reading too fast lately!
VileReynard
Hero

Has the ill-thought out way in which the new products were "launched", without prior consideration being given to current customers been recognised?
Will future product changes be more carefully considered?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'd guess only from the "how can we rake 'em in & then they're stuck" point of view Roll_eyes
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: taxiesofevil
Has the ........ way in which the new products were "launched", without prior consideration being given to current customers been recognised?
Will future product changes be more carefully considered?

You are asking QUESTIONS in a discussion thread. The Questions thread and Answers thread are now locked and nobody (official)seems to be answering any questions raised here nor those unanswered in the Questions thread.
I think that Mr Vollmer's inbox is a WOM    Roll_eyes
Colin
Grafter

Quote from: Wheel_nut
nobody (official)seems to be answering any questions raised here nor those unanswered in the Questions thread.

It's a bank holiday weekend, I suspect most of the people that are able to answer are off enjoying the time off work...
VileReynard
Hero

Those who have a job.  Tongue

The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: James_G
Quote from: Midnight
@adiewoo, To me it makes more commercial sense to rule it out permanently, who wants to be with a ISP who change there mined, when you could be stuck with them for 18 months.
...The intention may be to never introduce it, but no business can offer a cast iron guarantee that they never will.
Businesses making people redundant today would have said 12mths ago that it was not in their plans to do so - they could not have offered a cast iron guarantee though...

Very true James - many are experiencing this nowadays unfortunately.  Sad
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Obviously, PlusNet don't want to commit themselves to say they will never implement it.
Which I think is fair enough.
However, for those committed for the next year and a half .. I think an official answer as to what would happen if they did change their minds is needed.
Would people be able to break their contracts?
I've not scanned the T&C's with a fine tooth comb, so I don't know the answer myself Smiley