Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask the Boss - Answers discussion thread

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Ask the Boss - Answers discussion thread

It's still here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74457.msg592684.html#msg592684
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
scootie
Grafter

is this the answer your looking for wheel nut
Lack of monthly contract option
Why has Plusnet stopped offering new customers products on a monthly basis to products that are only available on 12 month or 18 month contracts?
I'd appreciate hearing an answer to this that is isn't just the 'it's the way the products have been designed' standard company line. If it's the way the products have been designed, then what is it about the products' design that prevents you from offering us monthly contracts, and why can't Plusnet 'redesign' them so that you can offer existing customers such contracts?
Why are you padding the Balance sheet by taking every opportunity to lock us into long contracts?  Is the reason for the lock in to a long contract the amortisation of costs incurred by Plusnet at the start of the contract? Why can't we have the option of a 30 Day contract if we elect to pay any such costs in advance?
- Santiago / Be3G / Wheel_nut

As per the answer above I’m very happy to look at reintroducing 1 month contracts for new customers. You’re right the products would need to be redesigned (mainly a bit of a higher price either in up front costs or higher monthly fee than the “value” range). But I’m very open to this.
However, my priority with the “Value” refresh was to make sure we had broadband pricing launched which would enable the business to get back to growth. Given we need to prioritise what we work on, I decided to put 1 month contracts for new customers on hold for a period while we launched the value range.
I’m very happy to work with the community to build new, flexible broadband products that are both competitive and versatile
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

According to his profile,
Summary - Anthony Vollmer
Name: Anthony Vollmer
Position: Plusnet Staff
Date Registered: 07/04/2009, 14:19
Last Active: Today at 20:11

is a mere neophyte!  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

scootie
Grafter

be nice guys i see the boss is online right now Crazy dont scare him away
Spider
Grafter

Had this strange visions of Plusnet customers leaving a trail of food to lure the elusive creature out from behind the desk and into the big wide forum  ;).
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: ASBO
dont scare him away

I think we did Embarrassed You have to go easy on newbies Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

I'll say this only once..
Be nice, play nicely, or pack up your toys and find another room to play in.
VileReynard
Hero

I think the general tone of the questions asked (and the irritation shown at the delay in answering) should have alerted Mr Vollmer that questions deserve answers - not a PR release.
BTW Just why did these responses take him so long?
I could have scribbled a few notes for marketing to tidy up in a matter of minutes!

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
is this the answer your looking for wheel nut

Asbo Dog, I see (some of) the question. But where are the answers?
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Right...
I don't think you quite get it do you Jeremy.. I think you should channel your energies elsewhere tbh. Yes it has taken a long time to get these answers from Mr. Vollmer, but we have the answers now, and still you don't seem content on that do you?
I don't see it at all as a PR release, and I don't think the majority will do so either, however, as the old addage goes, you can only please some of the people some of the time, not all of the people all of the time.
As it happens, I can only please one person every day; and it's not looking good for tomorrow either.
ctech500
Grafter

I was very glad to see a strong commitment from Anthony Vollmer in keeping the so called "legacy products"
His following statements could do with some clarification I found it rather vague
As for ADSL2+ pricing, again no final decisions made, but I would like to think we will be in a position to offer on key legacy products for no extra charge.
the current product line up doesn't meet my requirements I am happy with Broadband premier.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Chemical
I'll say this only once..
Be nice, play nicely, or pack up your toys and find another room to play in.

Just who are you addressing this to? And, what are you trying to say?
ctech500
Grafter

When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?
was a much tougher room than this.
The answer have been given, it's only right that the community should respond.
VileReynard
Hero

Quote from: Chemical
Right...
I don't think you quite get it do you Jeremy.. I think you should channel your energies elsewhere tbh. Yes it has taken a long time to get these answers from Mr. Vollmer, but we have the answers now, and still you don't seem content on that do you?
I don't see it at all as a PR release, and I don't think the majority will do so either, however, as the old addage goes, you can only please some of the people some of the time, not all of the people all of the time.
As it happens, I can only please one person every day; and it's not looking good for tomorrow either.

Chemical Bro, are you writing this with your moderator hat on - or as a personal opinion of my prior expressions that the answers we have received are "insufficient"?
I appreciate that having moderator appear next to your posts does make it difficult to express your own opinions.
Just because a response is delayed it doesn't make it acceptable.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I've had a quick read, it's good for PlusNet to do this.
Don't know why I expected anything different, but still no justifiable reason for the 'whopping' contracts, other than than 'everyone else does it, so we need to as well'.
1 Month contracts might be on the horizon, but if that's not jam tomorrow, I don't know what is Angry