Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Plusnet supplying me with an acceptable 'service'

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Are Plusnet supplying me with an acceptable 'service'

Puddy, I rather suspect you are telling a rather one-sided view of what happened in your case. (I'm guessing you refused to accept the potential charge for an engineer if he didn't find a fault).
If you are so sure he would win in court I suggest you put your money where your mouth is and agree to refund his costs if when he loses!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Puddy, I rather suspect you are telling a rather one-sided view of what happened in your case. (I'm guessing you refused to accept the potential charge for an engineer if he didn't find a fault)

No I told them I would pay I begged them to send BT out
If you are so sure he would win in court I suggest you put your money where your mouth is and agree to refund his costs if when he loses!

Small claims court dont charge and yes I will put my money were my mouth is I will even go to court with him.  Big compaines must remember contracts work both ways and be legal and fair
Puddy
hulls
Grafter

Small claims court dont charge and yes I will put my money were my mouth is I will even go to court with him.  Big compaines must remember contracts work both ways and be legal and fair
Puddy

I'm afraid you're wrong.  There is a charge to the small claims court to hear your case.  The charge is based on the amount being claimed.  I think you're confusing this with the fact that neither side can claim legal costs (so it's very unlikely you'd be stung for the other side's solicitor or barrister costs, even if you lost).
Where I agree with you, is that many big companies rely on the fact that customers won't go to court to get what they're entitled to, because they don't know how, or think it would be too much hassle. (In my experience, mobile phone retailers are the worst for this - they lasso young niaive customers with wild verbal promises, and then, when they end up paying more that they were told, and get tied in to 18 month contracts, the company just sits back and ignores the issue) Angry
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: hulls
I'm afraid you're wrong.  There is a charge to the small claims court to hear your case.  The charge is based on the amount being claimed.  I think you're confusing this with the fact that neither side can claim legal costs (so it's very unlikely you'd be stung for the other side's solicitor or barrister costs, even if you lost).

I believe that "vexatious" claims (those without the slightest merit) may cause an award of costs to be made against the claimant.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

puddy
Grafter

Quote from: PJ
"Up to 8 Megabits Per Second" is industry standard and has been challenged several times without success. Ofcom have repeatedly ruled that marketing products as such is acceptable as long as "Up to" is clearly stated.

Ever wondered why you only see it says up to 8mg on the internet, well trading standards and advertising standards told me a company can say whatever they want on the internet they cannot prosecute them. Say it in the papers and they will be told to remove the advert and  could be find and yes I did complain to them that how I know
Puddy
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: hulls
"vexatious" claims

People said that about endownment mortgages and Banks charges
Puddy
ps I took them to court they both settled before court and my endowment case I got everthing back plus 8% interest the bank 100% of all my costs
pps I sued Time computers and won
VileReynard
Hero

Quote from: puddy
ps I took them to court they both settled before court and my endowment case I got everthing back plus 8% interest the bank 100% of all my costs

Are you a serial litigant?

ChemicalBrother
Grafter

*wades in with big boots*
Enough of this shenanigans, or I start banging heads together. - regardless of who you are.

We're not mud slinging or point scoring here - as PJ said - keep it constructive and factual - not personal.
I'll be watching this thread from now on.
Any further trangressions and I'll be editing Wink
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: axisofevil
Quote from: puddy

Are you a serial litigant?

No but when using the courts keep it legal back it up with proof and you can win over the big boys its called the british justice system
My cases were over 15 year period
puddy
VileReynard
Hero

Good for you Grin