Are PN for real?

pcoventry76
Grafter

Re: Are PN for real?

signup for PN? i can send you an e-mail if you want Smiley  Grin
metman
Dabbler

The devil is always in the detail, and older PN members have long memories. Why not make a simple offer such as: after 2 years continuous membership the next 6 months will be less a fiver per month. This gives something tangible for loyalty, and other such bonuses readily spring to mind that PN could promote to their regulars.
pcoventry76
Grafter

Drop a ticket in, PlusNet are always keen to hear of ideas which will benefit the customers.
Afterall your the important people
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

hang on, is this offer only available to some pn customers ? and why is it not shown on the main home page.
I only came across comments on this forum by accident, apologies if I have misunderstood something.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
MrToast
Grafter

Quote from: gleneagles
hang on, is this offer only available to some pn customers ?

They haven't sent all emails at once and they are not finished yet.
Not sure if it applies to those already on a 12 month deal for deferred connection etc.
Spider
Grafter

From what I gather from reading other threads the answer to that is no. Plusnet said you could only have one offer on the go at a time. I have not seen the actual email as yet though.
PunKrocker
Grafter

Quote from: mitchell20
Looks like it's back to the old ways when you had to pay more for a monthly contract than an annual one.

It's called guranteed income and is optional, nothing new.  Wink
Sandro
Grafter

It is interesting to know if this offer might move an old  customer from his old legacy arrangement to a new and somewhat limited contract option.
owlguard
Grafter

I took the offer this morning and was told when the year is up,i am automatically put back onto my monthly contract.
                          hope this helps reagards ray.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I must say I find this ingrained suspicion of possibly the most open and accessible of ISP's around very dissapointing.
This particular topic is about an optional offer and is  something for nothing.
OK, PN sometimes get things wrong and they own up and apologise.

But who's going to take notice of a guitar strumming Santa! Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: FretMaster

But who's going to take notice of a guitar strumming Santa! Wink

It's your female friend that really bothers me.
I've only been around here for 4 months but am considering this offer  Smiley
Boriss
Dabbler

It seems to me that this offer will presages an anticipated down-turn in performance, VFM, and PN are expecting an exodus as a result .  I for one am keeping my options open, I am teetering on the brink of leaving anyway, as there seem to be be better packages around, for the money I am paying at the moment.  The only thing retaining my custom is inertia. Tongue
danep
Grafter

Hi all
I too am a bit suspicious. You dont usually get something for nothing. If there was some bad news coming and we were locked into this 12month contract it would not be good. And which 12 month contract is it? There is no link to read it. I cant sign up for a discount to a contract I have not read! Is it the same contract as I have now including allowances etc etc? I have been with PN so long and my original contract changed and diluted so much it's difficult to tell wether its worth the paper its written on as they seem to be able to change it at will anyway.
Regards
Dane
hulls
Grafter

Bottom line seems to be "you pays yer money and you makes yer choice".  If you have concerns about a down-turn in performance, then you're absolutely right, it's not worth the gamble, but I've been happy with the customer service, and lived through the bad patches before, so for me it's worth the risk.
John
home99
Grafter

I must say I find this ingrained suspicion of possibly the most open and accessible of ISP's around very dissapointing.
This particular topic is about an optional offer.....

Spot on!