cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PN for real?

mitchell20
Grafter

Are PN for real?

So I've just received an email informing me 'as a valued Plus Net customer' I can save £30 over the next 6 months and am entitled to a £5 a month discount for the next 6 months off my monthly subscription..........sounds good except you have to agree to start a 12 month contract from today.

I dont think so.......no way am I signing a 12 month contract, exepcially not with Plus Net.  Are PN that desperate for cusomters now that they are tieing existing customers into long contracts forcing them to stop  Huh
I'm on a monthly contract and I'm staying that way.
Looks like it's back to the old ways when you had to pay more for a monthly contract than an annual one.
48 REPLIES 48
home99
Grafter

Re: Are PN for real?

If your happy with PN and, like me, dont intend going anywhere else, it seems like a generous offer.  Or am I missing something here?
Dave
Kungaloosh
Grafter

It does sound good if you are planning on staying with plus net, and I am considering signing up but...my only worry is what if they, change the packages ?
I suppose what I would want to know, is if I sign up, will plus net assure me that the package I am on will not change i.e download restrictions, price etc...
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I've just signed on the proverbial.
Can't see any problem as I don't see any reason to move ISP just now Undecided
Are there any T & C's anywhere relating to this offer answering questions such as
'what If I leave within 12 months?'
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
7th_star
Grafter

@mitchell20 Do you perceive your cup to be half empty or half full?
I think you have the wrong end of the stick on this.
You are not being forced into anything!
If you feel content here and suspect you will stay long term, then this offer from PN is a good one.
If however you are uncertain as to if you want to stay long term or not, then simply continue with your monthly contract and decline the offer.
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: Kungaloosh
I suppose what I would want to know, is if I sign up, will plus net assure me that the package I am on will not change i.e download restrictions, price etc...

Plusnet cannot change the terms and conditions of your package without informing you in advance and you agreeing.
If they do so, they MUST offer you the choice of terminating your contract with no penalty if you disagree with the new terms and conditions.
This is why no customer is ever migrated from one product to another automatically and why there are legacy product lines.
So, I can pretty much categorically say that Plusnet will not change the terms and conditions from underneath you.
To the OP: 
It is often the case that by paying annually for something you save money.  This is a similar offer.
B.
mitchell20
Grafter

Quote from: 7th_star

If however you are uncertain as to if you want to stay long term or not, then simply continue with your monthly contract and decline the offer.

Which is what I'm doing, but then I dont save the £5.00 a month do I.
PN are rewarding 12 month contract customers or penalising monthly contract customers depending on which way you look at it either way they are going back to charging monthly/annual customers different fees.
gswindale
Grafter

and if you recommend a friend you get 50p off your bill each month.  That means that myself and you could be on the same package, same monthly contract, but paying a different price.  What's the difference between the above scenario and that which you're complaining about now?
People complain about companies not rewarding loyalty and when they do, they get everyone else moaning.  It seems to be quite hard to actually please anybody these days.
mjtuohy
Grafter

I have been with + net since 2003 . I have been with them through the bad times And the very bad times. Now since they have been put under the BT wing things have improved. They have more money to look after you and me. this is the time to get £5.00 off your payments. + I have got £5.00 off mine.
Mand
Grafter

Hi all,
I'll be getting a blog post out regarding this on Monday. But to answer your questions in the meantime, if we change the products you are subscribed to we will need to give you notice of a change in terms and conditions, therefore giving you a get out of the 12 month term anyway.
So all in all, unless you're unhappy with your account at the moment it's a win-win situation for all. Smiley
We want to reward loyalty, but our bean-counters (cough, sorry Finance team), would need hospital treatment if we gave away £30 to every customer without getting some kind of commitment in return! Cheesy
It's standard business practice that you get discounts or rewards for committing to longer term contracts.
On a slightly separate note, if you are unhappy with your product or service please let us know so that we can sort it out for you.
mitchell20
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
we change the products you are subscribed to we will need to give you notice of a change in terms and conditions, therefore giving you a get out of the 12 month term anyway.

If that's the case why are you asking customers to sign a 12 month contract then?
Why do you see yearly contracts as the only form of loyalty?
Having been a monthly contract customer now for nearly 4 years clearly PN dont consider that loyalty  Huh
Edit to  add - Oh I tryed the letting you know when unhappy with your products and service...trust me it doesn't work.....
pcoventry76
Grafter

Quote from: geofftswin
and if you recommend a friend you get 50p off your bill each month.

hmm.. is that ontop of the £20 per friend you get aswell? (£5 for option 1 and £10 if Home Phone is added)
http://www.plus.net/referrals/offer.shtml?WT.svl=homw_ref25_ban
If so that's a pretty swanky deal Smiley
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Dont see any issues with this at all. If you are happy, then you get a fiver off. If you dont want to, dont sign up. I have been with Plus a while, and recommended freinds and family, all with no issues, except the LLU fiasco Roll_eyes and myself feeling virtually pushed off BB+ to PAYG, during the capacity problems. Things have got alot better, and I for one will be signing up. Only one problem following the link appears you have to raise a ticket. Surely there could have been an easier way, as I was forced to 'ask a question!!!', and couldnt send the request without doing this.  BTW, question still not answered.
MrToast
Grafter

This is a familiar theme this year.
I've noticed that mobile phone companies are coming out with this type of offer just now. Could it be the run up to Christmas is a time when there is more 'churn' and so they want to offer you something before someone else makes you think of leaving?
I personally don't see an issue as its an option. If I'm happy here why should I have to pay for the cost of acquisition when I'm here long term already?
God
Grafter

I think it is brilliant I would sign up for it without any problem should I ever receive the email  Roll_eyes