cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PN being deliberately sneaky?

Karmik
Grafter

Are PN being deliberately sneaky?

I was looking at changing from Premier Option 1, to one of the newer packages (Option 3 - Is this a worthwhile upgrade?). Anyway, chose the button to upgrade, just to see if it gave me more info, and it mentioned essentials, so I pressed the help button to get more info (no idea what this product was), and it tried to sign me up!? No assistant, no nothing, just a message telling me that the PN staff will let me know when the changeover will take place  Shocked

So the hyperlink for info just signs you up straight away. I'm now awaiting confirmation from them that they will indeed ignore this request (which I never intentionally asked for).
Anyway, assuming that they listen to me (Ha!), is it worth the upgrade from Premier Option 1, to the newer Broadband Your Way Option 3? Bigger download limit, cheaper price? Will they try and tie me into it for the long term or anything?
6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Are PN being deliberately sneaky?

Hi there,
I've just tried and I got the attached screenshot. If I'm honest I'm not actually sure what this does. I'm assuming it drops a ticket out into a manned ticket pool, but I've left my VPN fob at the office so can't check ATM. I'm sure we'll be able to offer clarification tomorrow.
About the upgrade from Premier to BBYW, you could do worse than read the expected speed comparisons here and here.
Bear in mind aswell that peak time on Premier is 4:00pm-Midnight as opposed to 8:00am-Midnight on the BBYW packages.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

talpa
Grafter

Doesn't look sneaky at all to me. The sentence clearly says "To Switch to our Essential product please use the Help Assistant" - seems a perfectly sensible place to go....
Karmik
Grafter

Thanks for the clarification on the packages Bob. I'll stick on Premier Option 1 then (Hopefully :D)
Karmik
Grafter

Quote from: talpa
Doesn't look sneaky at all to me. The sentence clearly says "To Switch to our Essential product please use the Help Assistant" - seems a perfectly sensible place to go....

"Help assistant" mate.  Not "Click here to sign up". Subtle difference, no?
Mark
Grafter

I fully understand where the confusion is coming from and can appreciate the difficulty.
The Help assistant is where you raise a ticket and I guess the content guys assumed that if the customer was switching they had already done the homework from the product pages.
The wording "To Switch to our Essential product " is an offer to buy not to find out more, but as I say I understand the confusion.
I'll have a word and see if we can make that more clear or provide a more info link.
Mark
Grafter

Hi Karmik.
Our Web team are now aware of this and that link shouldn't be pointing directly to raise a ticket. Thats not what was designed and we're working on a resolution.
Thanks for flagging it to us.