Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Assignment technicolor TG582n

MikeTodd
Dabbler

Application Assignment technicolor TG582n

I may have found the cause of my problem with losing web server nat:
For a reason that I have not yet understood, the computer running the web server suddenly changed its DHCP IP address (from 192.181.1.64 to 192.168.1.67). However, after re-booting the system it still retained that IP but the NAT table remained with HTTP Server assigned to the former IP, but in the user interface it liusts it with the IP not the host name, which it was set up with.
Is the router unable to track changes in the IP address? I had assumed that was why it used hostname rather than IP.
If that is so then perhaps I should return to using a static IP for the server but I changed from that as it seemed to be the cause of problems.
3 REPLIES 3
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Application Assignment technicolor TG582n

Have a look at the posts by quelquod and batchelorboy in this thread:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104411.0.html/
As you have discovered, port forwarding does not work on TG582n if you try to manually set up a static IP address directly on the web server.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
MikeTodd
Dabbler

yes, I had read that thread - I must admit that I was at once stage confused between setting static IP's via the router and setting them on the device itself.
I already have two devices that have fixed IP's (ie a pre-existing WAP and a network disc)
I will now try an see if setting a static IP (outside the DHCP range as are the above two) works and avoids this particular problem although a related problem on my other thread still continues!
MikeTodd
Dabbler

I tried the suggested solution of making the DHCP IP into static and that seemed to work OK until I had to re-boot both the router and the computer running the HTTP web server. The router did not set up the NAT translation for port 80 at all.
I then reverted to DHCP which allocated a different IP to the computer and I had to manually unassign and reassign as the router does not seem to detect the change of IP for the same hostname.
If it can';t do that, what's the point of showing the assignment with hostname in the first place?