Did you mean: 

Appalling speed and customer service

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Appalling speed and customer service

Hi Granite66,
Thanks for posting. I’ve checked the account for you and everything does appear to have been done correctly from our side. As others have posted, we need to sort the phone fault out first and the symptoms described suggested this was a problems. I would expect that any engineer to be sent would resolve the issue he was there for.
Weekend visits depend on your area and engineer availability. Just because the engineer is working that weekend doesn’t mean that we have the opportunity to book him. We will always try to book the most suitable engineer visit for you, but this could be limited to week days in certain area and circumstances.
The Email sent is totally automated and we didn’t know that anything needed to be done. This may be something that we can change in the future, but it won’t been done any time soon. In the near future, we would expect customers to tell us if the speeds are slow.
Email isn’t an accountable or secure form of communication so we don’t use it for support requests. I’ve been using the contact us/help and support assistant since we introduced it, and it is a great improvement over Email for both customers, staff answering tickets, and management obtaining information and stats.
We see no reason why an engineer shouldn’t visit you once it’s been booked. If there are problems though, we’ll deal with them once they’ve happened.
I hope this provides a little insight into matters.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Granite66
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Did the OR engineer plug any test equipment in to your NTE5 and carry out ant tests, or did he just listen on the phone?
Broadband noise on the line can be caused by iffy joints and this is smelling more like buck passing by the minute!

He called into the line to check before he arrived.
Once at the property, he unplugged my leads, changed the filter, plugged in his equipment, did a further call from his mobile to the line to get some sort of report on his screen, then called Plusnet to tell them the line wasn't the issue, then was there another 15 mins or so of fiddling and left.
From my interactions with Plusnet and the engineer, I'm on his side at the moment.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Having read through all your posts the  bits of information which is missing are the ones which would help identify the source of the problem
Basically as stated here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html we need the stats from the router, the IP profile from the BT speed test and the Plusnet Current Line Speed
Granite66
Grafter

Well it's east at present, Zero...0. No broadband connection at all.
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Do you have a broadband connection but no internet connection or no broadband  connection at all
Granite66
Grafter

As of last night, nothing, no broadband or internet light, just the on light and wifi light.
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

First - please stop using the quote button on the preceding post as we need to keep correcting it
Second
Regardless of what the engineer said it isn't a Plusnet fault unless the router they provided is duff as they can't influence the sync with the exchange
Have you tried a different router and did the engineer report what the sync speed actually was
Granite66
Grafter

Sorry, used to normal forums where quoting to keep track of what is being responded to is normal.  Embarrassed
Engineer didnt say it was Plusnet's fault, he said broadband traffic was causing the issue.
The main complaint at present with Plusnet is them claiming I reported a line fault when I reported a broadband fault, and them still claiming I did no such thing "according to their notes". Well perhaps seeing as they say they record calls, listen to the call and what I was phoning to report, rather than an incorrect written record of what the CS rep entered on the system.
Plus, I said I wanted the broadband issue checked there and then, it was Plusnet who insisted on re-booking a subsequent call-out, the O.R. engineer would have worked there and then if they'd ok'd it.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Have a look for any Open or Closed questions/tickets there should be a complete record there - check all of them. If you choose to copy any content make sure you leave the agent's name off (forum rules).
PS Quoting an immediately preceding post is unnecessary, as it's the one just before it's easy to follow. When it's something several posts back,or a part post quote (sometimes makes something clearer), that makes sense Wink
Granite66
Grafter

This is on the support ticket

xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit Not In Sync
General Information
NTE Status: NTE Power Status: Unknown Bypass Status:
Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 0.0 0.0
SNR Margin: 0.0 0.0
Errored Seconds: 0 0
HEC Errors: 0
Cell Count: 0 0
Speed: 0 0
Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 576 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 576
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 3 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 333
Indicative Line Quality: R Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 231
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED:
MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:
Anotherone
Champion

That looks like some seriously long periods of being disconnected.
What sort of  Master Socket do you have, is it like the one on the left? Does it have Filtered Faceplate like one of these, if so which one?
Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls? eg. Does the phone ring and stop before you answer, but the caller is still there when you pick up?
Granite66
Grafter

It is the one on the left yes.
Your second hyperlink doesn't work.
The phone was only added to the line on Saturday as I didn't intend having one originally, and there is background noise, though seemingly worse for me than the other end as some haven't heard an issue. However no actual problems with the calls themselves. And no to your last question.
Granite66
Grafter

I should say, impressive help from the forum though  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

It's all so that you have a better understanding of what's happening and hopefully why, and what should happen and it what way.
The SSFP link does work but it's slow to load. Try this Mk3 one. If you have a filtered plate, the phone socket is at the bottom and the modem/router socket at the top. The Mk1 is plain (no grey lettering) and the Mk2 says Mk2!
Granite66
Grafter

Hmmm, not at home (and wouldn't have internet anyway  Tongue ) but looks like the Mk3, and it should be as the socket was just installed start of November.
And yes I'm learning.

Also have to say a big up just now to phone support who have arranged now a weekend call out as Openreach are working the weekend in this area - which is abnormal for them.  Cool