cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have the PLAY N600 DB?

shinho

Anyone have the PLAY N600 DB?

Need something that has a good range on the wireless, so was looking at this one...
PLAY N600 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Modem Router
http://www.belkin.com/uk/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=582178
Has anyone tried this Router/Modem??...any Good?Huh

4 REPLIES 4
Devonian
Grafter

Re: Anyone have the PLAY N600 DB?

I don't know if this helps, but every single Belkin router I have tried, about 4 different models I think, have been rubbish.
The wireless range was pants, kept needing a reset....  just rubbish!
However, I have been using a N600 Netgear for 8 months, and it is perfect, great wireless range, great up/down speed, rock solid connection.
pennbank
Grafter

I use the Belkin F9J1102UK Play N600DB  (BT)
Find it fine and better reception then my previous F7D4301UK which gave up the ghost with some internet speed issues, Belkin replaced the unit but I re sold the replacement and bought the F9J1102UK. Find it looks smart as well.
grudkin
Grafter

Quote from: pennbank
I use the Belkin F9J1102UK Play N600DB   (BT)
Find it fine and better reception then my previous F7D4301UK which gave up the ghost with some internet speed issues, Belkin replaced the unit but I re sold the replacement and bought the F9J1102UK. Find it looks smart as well.

So you had a Belkin that went faulty and was replaced by Belkin, Sold the replacement and then bought another Belkin?
I kind of struggle a little with that kind of logic!  Crazy
From my own experiences I have always found Belkin equipment over engineered rubbish with a tendency to easily overheat that is also vastly over priced!  Roll_eyes
pennbank
Grafter

Yes, Just because an item goes faulty does not mean that you have stop buying that make., customer service excellent, other belkin products, surge plugs, powerline adapters and extension leads
all work extremely well.  The after care service offered by Belkin is in my opinion is one of the best.
What is strange about selling a previous older model and buying the latest model ?
on another note I had to telephone Orange Mobile support, got extremely good after care then from Orange, the operator knew my problem which turned out  not to be my phone
but the phone of the friend I was contacting. Orange did not support my friends make of phone, but knew immediately the problem and took several minutes in explaining the problem and how to remedy the fault. It was a Panasonic 1018 which has a bar for the owner to select certain callers from sending them text messages, Apparently there is a fault with this and  sometimes put a callers number into the barring section on its own.
So full marks I give Orange Mobile and Belkin, they replaced my nearly 2 year old router with a brand new one of the same model.