cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having problems viewing YouTube?

Azagoth
Grafter

Anyone else having problems viewing YouTube?

It says that on my package, Extra, the speed for viewing Youtube is supposed to be set at linespeed except between 18:00 - 22:00 where it's capped at 2.5Mb.  So why is it that it never actually is what Plusnet states?
For instance, trying to watch a very short 1:44 video tonight, about 15 mins back and it took 10mins just to get to under halfway loaded.  I'm not one to complain, as my internet is functioning perfectly fine, but when it takes 10 minutes to just get halfway on a sub 2 minute video I feel I must say something.
I mean, is 133kbps really acceptable?

Internet is fine.

3 REPLIES 3
artificer
Grafter

Re: Anyone else having problems viewing YouTube?

is the link direct?  i've found that if i click a link on a forum, it may take ages to load, if it works at all, whereas, if i click the link, then copy the address and take it to a different browser, it plays fine.  case in point, journey's link to an hilarious beefeater on youtube.  clicking journey's link resulted in the video winding up for takeoff forever.  i collected up the address and posted it direct and it loaded and played immediately.
Azagoth
Grafter

No, the link is straight from the YouTube search page, not one posted on another site.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hey,
Reckon you can get us a wireshark capture of when you have the problem?    That shouldn't be happening Sad
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager