Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to nudge BT into action?

FIXED
geehawk
Rising Star

Re: Any way to nudge BT into action?

@Gandalf Thanks. I think I understand but will PM you to clarify.

geehawk
Rising Star

Just because I have nothing else to do at the moment I thought I would update this so future readers get the whole story.

My Plusnet router is all configured and sat waiting for my Fibre go live by the end of 26th, fingers crossed.

I raised a complaint with BT about the lack of action regarding my fault ticket and the ever shifting dates .... they appear to have ignored that as well as it has not even been looked at according to their system, over a week later.

Newest estimate for a fix to the line is 29th May ... just over a month after raising the fault, not heard a dickie bird out of them in that time.

geehawk
Rising Star

Well colour me impressed. Gandalf has done the business and I'm up and running on fibre with a noticeable speed increase.

Just under 8 down and around 1 up .... rubbish for fibre but a vast improvement on 2ish and 0.3 ish.

Wife is over the moon as her home working just got more pleasant.

Coincidentally the day I was switched over to fibre, Openreach also turned up finally to fix the cable fault between poles in the lane near us. Never heard a thing from BT after the first engineers visit though, not even on the day they fixed it.

Still in a few weeks PlusNet will be responsible for my phone too so only one point of contact from now on.

Thanks again @Gandalf 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the post back @geehawk Really good to see your service is finally fixed and speeds have improved now. Although the speed could be better (if the cabinet wasn't so far away...)

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
geehawk
Rising Star

Yeah, if Openreach could see their way to moving the cabinet about 2 miles closer that would be great 😀

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Haha aye, never say never Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

What you really want is for Openreach to install FTTP and then for PlusNet to offer FTTP products, then you win both ways as the distance of the service will have no effect.

Kind Regards,

CJT