cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any hope for the Poplar exchange?

graham3311

Any hope for the Poplar exchange?

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had any insight into what's going on at the Poplar exchange.  I've recently moved in the area and was unable to get the LLU I was previously using since nobody has any capacity.  The Plusnet/BT experience is really awful - very low bandwidth available at the best of times, terrible latency, basic web surfing is often a struggle and streaming video is a no-go.  Presumably the service is just massively over-subscribed for the capacity available - I know there have been a lot of issues in the past due to the exchange being closed due to asbestos.
The exchange status (http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Poplar&exact=783&etashow=yes&full=1) says that it was due for 21CN on 30/09/2010, but that has been and gone.  Anyone know if there is an ETA?
Allegedly FTTC is due in December, but I'm a bit skeptical about that given the above.  Although somewhat encouragingly I did notice that someone has spray-painted a section next to the telephone cabinet in the street and marked it 'DSLAM'!
cheers,
Graham
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Any hope for the Poplar exchange?

Welcome to the Forum
they had an asbestos problem, and from memory, they did a lot of work earlier this year, and FTTC was supposed to be a priority, so you might be lucky, have you seen any taller lighter green cabinets with ventilation panels in them near you?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

another pic
graham3311

Nope, just a space marked out on the ground atm, so I expect FTTC is quite some way off.
Thanks,
Graham
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Graham
The exchange status (http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Poplar&exact=783&etashow=yes&full=1) says that it was due for 21CN on 30/09/2010, but that has been and gone.  Anyone know if there is an ETA?

I've just checked the raw data on BT Wholesale's site and that suggests that Poplar is already 21CN enabled (The Usertools info for 21CN is out of date, I'm currently looking into fixing this). The spreadsheet does mention a 'Delta Date' of 31/12/2010 but I'm not 100% sure what that relates to.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

graham3311

Ah, thanks very much Bob, that's useful to know.