cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any hope for a long line?

toastofleeds
Dabbler

Any hope for a long line?

I'm on a long line - it's nearly 3 miles to the exchange. However, the DSL checker gives me 'up to 2Mbps', and a range of 1 to 3.5, so I've been kinda hopeful.

However, recently the speed has plummeted. The downstream sync is 1728 but the upstream is at 64, and it's making it pretty useless. 

I know I'm on ADSL Max now, and interleaving is turned on. The router is sat next to the master socket, using a BT VDSL filter, and nothing else is connected to the socket. I'm running a TP-Link Archer D9 (the 2704n refuses to sync).

Is there anything else I can do to improve the line? Upload is pretty important to me, so 64k is pretty hopeless. FTTC has been coming for over a year, but doesn't seem to be happening soon.
The current ticket is 136490813.

My stats are:
up/down

sync: 64/1728

snr: 4/7.4

Attenuation: 31.5/63.5

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Any hope for a long line?

Our tests were showing what's known as a high resistance issue which sometimes can be a internal fault.

You should be able to access the test socket still by unscrewing the VDSL faceplate and then the faceplate behind it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
toastofleeds
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew.
I'll try the test socket, though I'll still have a plug in a filter.
Is there anything else I can try while I'm at it?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

That's pretty much all you can do bar trying another filter.

If you can let me know when you've connected it that way I'll retest your line.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team